How to Restart Firestick/Fire TV Stick 
Amazon Firestick is a streaming device which converts your TV (with HDMI port) into a Smart TV. Firestick has plenty of apps which includes Amazon Prime Videos, Netflix, Plex, Hulu, Firefox and much more. On seeing the benefits of Firestick, even people with Smart TV started buying Firestick. Amazon Firestick is one of the best devices to be owned by everyone. Like other mobile devices, Firestick might also get frozen or hung in the middle. Sometimes due to app loading data, Firestick might seem a bit slow. During that time, it will be better if you are restarting your Firestick. There are two ways on How to Restart Firestick.
You may also like: How to Install Kodi on Firestick/Fire TV?
How to Restart Firestick/Fire TV Stick?
There are two different ways to restart Amazon Firestick. Here are different ways:
- Restart Firestick using Firestick remote
- Restart Firestick using the Settings menu
How to Restart Firestick using Firestick Remote?
This method will be handy if your Amazon Firestick got frozen or hung in the middle. This might occur due to over memory consumption by the installed application. The Firestick might go frozen, blank or not responding. To bring Firestick back to normal, you have to restart your device. Here are the steps to restart your Amazon Firestick using firestick remote:
Step 1: Take your Firestick remote.
Step 2: Press hold the Power button and Play/Pause button together for 5 seconds.
The Firestick will automatically restart after these steps.
You may also like: How to Reset Firestick?
How to Restart Firestick using Settings menu?
This method won’t work if your device is frozen or becomes blank. You can only use this method when you
Step 1: Open “Settings” menu on your Firestick.
Step 2: Move to “My Fire TV” option on the Settings menu.
Step 3: In the “My Fire TV” option, you will find options like About, Developers Option, Legal & Compliance, Sleep, Restart and Reset to Factory Default.
Step 4: Move down to “Restart” option and click on it.
Step 5: A new prompt will appear. Click “Restart” on it to restart your device.
These are the steps to restart your Amazon Fire Stick using the settings menu of your device. Restarting will close all the app on your Firestick.
You may also like: How to Install MX Player For Firestick/Fire TV
Why Firestick gets frozen?
There are many reasons for a Firestick to get hung. The main reason is due to the applications you are using.
- Sometimes the application might consume more space causing Firestick to freeze.
- If you are Jailbreaking Firestick, then it might also cause the device to behave abnormally.
- Third-party apps might also cause these issues.
- Apps which are not updated might cause the problem as well. Hence, update Firestick and its apps regularly.
Keep all your device applications up to date and make sure you use only the official apps on your Firestick to enjoy your device without any slowness. Restarting your Firestick is very simple and try to restart it after every update to make sure the update is completely installed on your device.
Thanks for reading this post. Follow www.techfollows.com for more information. Leave your queries and feedback on the comment box below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Use Indigo Kodi Addon
- How to Get Stremio on Roku / Roku TV
- 100+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URL & File [Updated – March 2023]
- How to Design a Catchy Digital Character
- How to Get Sky Go on Roku [Possible Ways]
- How to Install and Use Bitdefender VPN on Firestick
- How to Install Fusion Addon on Kodi
- How to Get YouTube on Peloton Bike or Treadmill
- Jasper AI Free Trial 2023: Get 10000 Words and 50+ AI Writing Tools for Free
- How to Install Mozilla Firefox on Google TV