Peacock TV is a streaming service which has been launched a year ago. NBCUniversal’s marquee streaming app is available on various devices, including Fire TV and Fire tablets. Like other streaming apps, you have to regularly update Peacock TV on Firestick to stream new movies, shows, and original series. It also streams sports content, including the Olympics 2020. There are three subscription plans available on Peacock TV:
- Free – (limited contents with ads)
- Premium ($4.99/month) – premium content with ads
- Premium Plus ($9.99/month) – all content without any ads
How to Install Peacock TV on Firestick
All the Amazon Fire devices come with Peacock TV. If it is not available, follow these steps to install the Peacock TV.
Why you need a VPN
While Streaming online, your IP will be exposed easily. Hence ISPs (Internet Service Providers), app developers, government agencies and hackers can track your online activities with ease. At the end of the day, you may face some legal problems if you have streamed any copyrighted contents. To avoid these problems, we recommend you to use VPN (Virtual Private Network). A good VPN lets you hide your real identity by switching your IP to different locations. On the other hand, VPN is also helpful in accessing the media that are geo-restricted. Some of the apps/services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more are geo-restricted in certain countries. To bypass those restrictions, you need to install a VPN on your device.
After trying out several free and paid VPN services, we recommend you to use NordVPN. It is regarded as the best VPN to safeguard your privacy. While purchasing the NordVPN, make sure to select the annual plans rather than selecting the monthly plans. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount + 3 months free.
1. Turn on your Fire TV. Tap the Find menu and click on the Search option.
2. Type Peacock TV and choose the app from search results.
3. Selec the Get button to download Peacock TV.
4. Click on the Open button to launch it.
How to Update Peacock on Firestick
Once you have downloaded Peacock, you can update it in two different ways:
- Enabling automatic updates
- Updating the app manually
Enabling Automatic Updates
Enabling the automatic updates will update all the apps that you installed on Firestick.
1. Select the Settings icon from the home screen of Firestick.
2. Click on the Applications option.
3. From the applications page, select Appstore.
4. Click on the Automatic Updates to turn on the feature.
5. All the installed applications will be updated automatically if there is an update available.
Manual App Update
If you prefer to update the Peacock app manually, follow these steps.
1. Click on the Apps icon on the home screen and find the Peacock app.
2. Navigate to the app and press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote. Select the More info option.
3. If there is an update available for the app, click on the Update option.
7. The latest version of the app will be installed immediately.
If you have installed Peacock TV on Firestick via sideloading technique, follow the same procedure that you used for installation. But, make sure to enter the latest version URL of Peacock TV in the Downloader URL box.
Use the below comments section to post the feedback related to this guide.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Chromecast Paramount Plus in Two Ways
- How to Listen to Spotify on Android TV
- How to Install and Watch Hulu on Android TV
- Tips for Depositing at Gaming Sites: How to Keep Your Personal Data Safe
- How to Stream Discovery Plus on Apple TV [All Models]
- How to Enable/Turn on Telegram Dark Mode
- How to Change Language in Facebook Messenger
- Windscribe VPN Review – Is the Free Version Good Enough?
- Modern Payment Solutions For Online Gamers
- How to Cancel NordVPN Subscription in 4 Ways