Peacock TV is a streaming service which has been launched a year ago. NBCUniversal’s marquee streaming app is available on various devices, including Fire TV and Fire tablets. Like other streaming apps, you have to regularly update Peacock TV on Firestick to stream new movies, shows, and original series. It also streams sports content, including the Olympics 2020. There are three subscription plans available on Peacock TV:
- Free – (limited content with ads)
- Premium ($4.99/month) – premium content with ads
- Premium Plus ($9.99/month) – all content without any ads
How to Get Peacock TV on Firestick
All the Amazon Fire devices come with Peacock TV. If it is not available, follow these steps to install the Peacock TV.
1. Turn on your Fire TV. Tap the Find menu and click on the Search option.
2. Type Peacock TV and choose the app from the search results.
3. Selec the Get button to download Peacock TV on Firestick.
4. Click on the Open button to launch it.
Note: While installing the app freshly on your device, you don’t need to go through the updation process, as the app will install the latest version available on the App Store.
How to Update Peacock on Firestick
Once you have downloaded Peacock, you can update it in two different ways:
- Enabling automatic updates
- Updating the app manually
Enabling Automatic Updates
Enabling the automatic updates will update all the apps that you installed on Firestick.
1. Select Settings from the Firestick home screen.
2. Click on the Applications option.
3. From the applications page, select Appstore.
4. Click on the Automatic Updates to turn on the feature.
5. The apps on Firestick will be updated automatically if there is an update available.
Manual App Update
If you prefer to update the Peacock app manually, follow these steps.
1. Click on the Apps icon on the home screen and find the Peacock app.
2. Navigate to the app and press the Menu button on your Fire TV remote. Select the More info option.
3. If there is an update available for the app, click on the Update option.
7. The latest version of the app will be installed immediately.
Why can’t I Update Peacock TV on Firestick?
If you encounter that you can’t update apps on your Firestick, there are simple fixes to fix it by yourself.
Internet Connection – If you have connected your device with a poor internet connection, then the update might take so long, or you will get an error notification in between the process. To fix this, connect your Firestick with a stable internet connection.
Firestick Storage – Firestick has a limited storage capacity of up to 8 GB. You will get a storage full notification if you have exceeded the limit. Clear cache files on Firestick to rectify this issue.
Outdated Firestick – If your Firestick is outdated, then you can’t update the app. Sort this by updating the latest version of your Firestick. While you update your Firestick, the Peacock TV app and the other apps will also get updated automatically.
If you have installed Peacock TV on Firestick via sideloading technique, follow the same procedure that you used for installation. But, make sure to enter the latest version URL of Peacock TV in the Downloader URL box.
Not loading or buffering issues on Peacock TV are common. Connect your TV with a stable internet connection and update the latest version of the app to fix this.
You have to install the Peacock TV app from the Amazon App Store and activate it to stream it on Firestick.
Peacock TV is available on Amazon Prime Video, but it is not available for free.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install NBC Sports Live Kodi Addon
- How to Stream PPV on Firestick/Fire TV
- How Download and Install Night Terrors Kodi Addon
- How to Install SoundCloud Kodi Addon
- How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Facebook
- 4 Casino Games That Are Ideal For Mobile
- What to Look for When Buying a TV for Gaming
- How can Bitcoin Affect the Textile Sector of Monaco?
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest
- How to Chromecast Deezer to TV