ABC is a popular US channel that has a dedicated app compatible with various devices, including Firestick. If you own a Firestick device or Fire TV, you can directly install the ABC app from Amazon App Store. Alternatively, you can sideload or screen mirror the app on Firestick. With ABC on FireStick, you can stream news, live sports, award events, and popular shows like Grey’s Anatomy, American Idol, etc. Before installing the app on Fire TV, ensure to have a subscription from a TV Provider that offers the ABC channel.
Note: ABC is a geo-restricted streaming service. To access this service outside America, you need to set up and use a VPN on Firestick.
How to Get ABC on FireStick
Ensure that you have connected your Firestick to reliable WiFi.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Navigate FireStick Homescreen using the remote.
2. Tap the Find icon and enter ABC in the search bar.
3. In the shown list, select the ABC app.
4. Hit Get to install the app on the Firestick.
How to Activate and Watch ABC on Firestick
1. Once installed, launch the ABC app on your Firestick.
2. Navigate to the Account section and tap TV Provider.
3. Hit Sign in and select your TV Provider.
4. Now, sign in with your TV Provider credentials and start watching the ABC shows on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
How to Sideload ABC on Firestick
If you cannot install the ABC app from Amazon App Store, you can sideload it by installing the Downloader app on your Firestick.
1. After getting the Downloader app, go to Firestick Settings.
2. Navigate to My Fire TV and click Developer Options.
3. Tap Install unknown apps and switch ON the Downloader.
4. Enter the ABC app link in the search field and hit Go to download the app APK.
5. Once downloaded, click the Install option on the screen.
6. Launch the app and sign in with your ABC account details. Now you can stream your favorite ABC sports and shows on your Fire TV Stick.
How to Screen Mirror ABC on Firestick from Android Phone
Connect your Firestick and Android phone to the same WiFi. Ensure to enable the Screen mirroring option on your Firestick. To do it, refer to the steps below.
- Long Press the Home button until the Quick Access menu appears on the screen.
- Scroll and select the Mirroring option to enable screen mirroring on Firestick.
1. Install the ABC app on your Android device from the Play Store.
2. Launch the ABC app and sign in with your ABC account credentials.
3. Tap the Cast icon from the Notification Panel on your Android phone.
4. Select your FireStick from the list of devices shown.
5. Your Android phone screen will be mirrored on your FireStick. Play any ABC content on the app and start viewing it on your Fire TV or Firestick-connected TV.
How to Fix ABC Not Working on FireStick
Here are the fixes to resolve when the ABC app is not working on your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV.
- Close and relaunch the ABC app on your Fire TV Stick.
- Restart the FireStick and try to stream videos from the app again.
- Check whether you have connected the Firestick to a WiFi with faster Internet speed.
- Update the FireStick and the ABC app to the latest version.
- Clear the ABC app cache and data to avoid interruption while playing.
- Finally, uninstall and reinstall the ABC app to fix the not working problem.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, the app is available on the Amazon App Store of FireStick.
Yes, ABC is completely free to access with your TV provider credentials.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.