How to Charge Your PS3 Controller
The PlayStation 3 controller comes with a built-in lithium-ion battery, and it offers 20 hours of gameplay when it is charged fully. To increase the hours of gameplay, you need to charge the PlayStation 3 controller when not in use. You can easily charge the PS3 Controller using the charger that comes while purchasing the console. If you have lost the PS3 charger, you can use the normal USB cable to charge your PS3 controller. It is recommended to use only the original Sony charger because the third-party cables are inconsistent.
How to Charge PS3 Controller
1. Turn ON your PS3 by pressing the Power button on the PS3 Controller. The Power button is placed in the center of the controller, and it has a Playstation logo on it.
Note: In older models, you will find the power button on the backside of the PS3 controller.
2. Take the USB cable that came with the PS3 controller.
3. Connect the USB cable to the port on your PlayStation 3 console.
4. Plug in the other end of the USB cable (micro-USB) to your PS3 controller.
5. Once you connect the controller, press the Power button on your PS3 controller.
6. Now, you can see the red light flashing on the front of your PlayStation 3 controller.
7. This indicates that the PS3 Controller is charging. You can also see the Charging icon on the TV screen. Leave the PS3 Controller idle for at least 1 hour to charge fully.
How to Charge PS3 Controller using PC
Before moving into the steps, make sure to have a USB cable to connect the controller and PC.
1. Turn On your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Plug one end of the USB cable into your Computer and the other end into your PS3 Controller.
3. That’s it. Your PS3 Controller will start charging.
Similarly, you can charge the PS3 Controller using the phone charger and other electronic gadgets chargers equipped with a micro USB to USB cable.
Other PS3 Controller Guides:
- How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC.
- How to Reset PS3 Controller.
- How to Fix When PS3 Controller Won’t Connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your PlayStation 3 controller is not charging, make sure you use the original Sony charger and try connecting the USB cable to another USB port on your PS3 console.
The PlayStation 3 controllers take around 1 hour to charge fully.
Long press the power button on your PS3 controller for a few seconds. Select Turn Off Controller from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen to turn off your PS3 controller.
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Change or Reset Your PS4 Password
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Xbox One
- How to Restart Xbox One [Different Ways]
- How to Reset PS3 [PlayStation 3] to Factory Settings
- How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch