How to Charge PS5 [PlayStation 5] Controller
The DualSense PS5 wireless controller is one of the best controllers available in the market and it is known for its special features haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Though these new features give you the best gaming experience, it consumes more battery from your PS5 controller. So you need to charge your controller often and the DualSense PS5 controller owners must know how to charge the PlayStation 5 controller and alternative ways to charge the DualSense PS5 controller. So in this article, we are going to explain how to charge the PS5 controller with a charger and two alternative ways to charge the controller.
Ways to Charge a PS5 Controller
- PlayStation 5 Console
- PC (USB C Cable)
- DualSense Charging Station
How to Charge a PS5 Controller using PS5 Console
1. First, turn on the PlayStation 5 console by pressing the power button on the console.
2. Make sure you have the charger cable that is provided with your PS5 controller.
3. Connect the small end of the charger to the PS5 controller.
4. Next, connect the other end of the charger to your console.
5. Once your controller is connected to the console, an orange light on the controller will start flashing.
6. You can also use the same cable to charge your PlayStation 5 controller on the laptop.
7. Once your controller is fully charged the light on the controller will stop flashing.
8. Finally, you can disconnect the charger cable from the controller and start using it wirelessly.
How to Charge your PS5 Controller on PC (USB C cable)
1. Launch your PC.
2. Connet the small end of the USB-C cable to the PS5 controller.
3. Plug in the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on your PC.
4. Now, the light on the controller will start flashing orange.
5. Once the light is turned off you can disconnect the controller from the PC and start playing your favorite PS5 games with your PlayStation 5 controller.
Related: How to Connect PS5 to WiFi
How to Charge the PS5 Controller with DualSense Charging Station
1. First, plug in the DualSense charging station with the AC power cord and adapter.
2. Once you set up everything place the PS5 controller into the dock.
3. Make sure the charging terminal of the PS5 controller facing down.
4. Now, your controller will start charging with an orange flashing light.
5. If your controller is charged fully the orange light will turn off.
6. Finally, you can disconnect the PS5 controller from the dock and start using your controller.
You can try any one of the above methods to charge the DualSense PlayStation 5 controller that suits you and have an uninterrupted gaming experience with your controller.
Related: How to Setup PS5
Frequently Asked Questions
You can charge your PS5 controller through the PC. Plugin the USB C cable into the PS5 controller and connect it to the USB port on the PC.
Yes, you can charge your DualSense PS5 controller with the Phone charger that delivers a minimum of 5 volts.
If your PS5 controller is not charging check whether the problem is with the charger or the PS5 controller. Connect the charger to another controller to find the problem with your charger or controller.
If the charger is not working with a new controller also the problem is with your charger cable. So you can try charging your PS5 controller on your PC via the USB C cable. And you can also try charging with the DualSense charging station.
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Change or Reset Your PS4 Password
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Xbox One
- How to Restart Xbox One [Different Ways]
- How to Reset PS3 [PlayStation 3] to Factory Settings
- How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch