The Xbox One controller doesn’t come with a built-in battery instead, it comes with two AA batteries. If the battery life is over, you can insert the new AA batteries. But there are alternatives to charging your controller. The Xbox One controllers have a USB port, so you can charge the Xbox controller with the Micro USB cable that you use to charge your phone. Charging the Xbox one console is a little tricky process.
How to Charge Xbox One Controller with the Microsoft Play N Charge Kit
1. Microsoft Play N charge kit is the official way to charge your controller.
2. If your controller runs out of battery, takeout the AA batteries out of your Xbox controller.
3. Insert the Microsoft Play N charge kit into the controller.
4. You can use the controller for up to 30 hours with the Play N charge kit.
Related: How to Update Xbox One Controller
How to Charge with Micro USB Cable
1. Power on your Xbox One controller.
2. Make sure you have a Micro USB cable that you use to charge the phone.
3. Next, connect the small end of the USB cable to the Xbox controller.
4. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the USB port on your console.
5. Now, your Xbox One controller will start charging.
6. If you want to charge the controller on the wall outlet, you need an adapter that you use to charge your phone.
7. As you did previously, connect the small end of the USB cable to the controller and another end to the adapter in the wall outlet.
8. After you connect the USB cable, turn on the switch to charge your Xbox controller.
Related: How to Turn Off Xbox One Controller
Rechargeable battery pack
1. The rechargeable battery pack also works like a charge kit.
2. Purchase a standard rechargeable battery pack available in the market.
3. Before you buy a battery back, make sure you research completely and then confirm your purchase.
4. If the battery gets down, you can remove it from the controller and insert the battery pack.
5. The rechargeable battery pack will take only a few hours to charge and last for a long time.
You can use any of the above methods that suit you to charge your controller and have an exciting experience.
Related: How to Reset Xbox One Controller
Frequently Asked Questions
You need a micro USB cable to charge an Xbox One controller on the PC. Connect the one end of the USB cable to the PC and another end of the USB cable to the Xbox controller and leave your PC turned on to charge the Xbox One controller on the PC.
The AA batteries last for at least 40 hours of usage.
Yes, you can use the Xbox charging station to charge the Xbox controller. The only thing you need to do to charge the controller through the charging station is to place the controller on the dock.