Nintendo Switch is the finest video game console because the majority of game lovers prefer the Nintendo Switch games. You can play the Nintendo Switch games using both the Switch Pro controller and the joy-con controller. These controllers are compatible with various devices like PC and Mac computers. If you are new to the Nintendo Switch world and don’t know how to connect the Switch Pro controller, here is the guide to help to connect the Nintendo Switch Controller on different devices.
How to Connect Wireless Controller to Nintendo Switch
1. Navigate to the Nintendo Switch dashboard.
2. Select the Controllers icon from the home screen.
3. Tap change Grip/Order which is the first option.
4. Now, press and hold the sync button on your controller for a few seconds.
5. Finally, your controller will be paired with the system.
Steps to Connect the Nintendo Switch Controller with USB Cable
1. First, Turn on your Nintendo Switch console.
2. Make sure you have a standard USB cable to connect to the controller.
3. Next, connect one end of the USB cable to the Switch dock.
4. Connect the other end to the Switch Pro Controller to the Switch console.
5. After a few seconds your controller will pair up the Switch automatically.
Connect Nintendo Joy-Con Controller to PC via Bluetooth
1. First, Turn on your PC.
2. Navigate to Settings and turn on Bluetooth & other devices on your PC.
3. Press and hold the Sync button on your controller for a few seconds.
4. Now, the LED lights on your controller will start flashing.
5. Bluetooth will scan for nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices.
6. Select the Joy-Con controller from Add a device section.
7. Choose your controller and click the Connect button to Pair up the joy-con controller to the PC via Bluetooth.
Connect Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Mac
1. Turn on your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
2. Press and hold the Pairing button(A button) on your Nintendo Switch Pro controller.
3. Now, the 4 players LED lights on your controller will start flashing and this indicates your controller is in pairing mode.
4. Next, navigate to the Bluetooth preferences on your Mac computer.
5. Mac will scan for the devices and select Pro controller from the list of available devices.
6. After selecting your controller click the Pair button to pair your controller to Mac.
7. Once your controller is paired one player LED will remain lit.
8. Now, the REMDR page will be opened, click the Capture button.
9. Once you click the capture button your Nintendo Switch Pro controller will vibrate to indicate the controller is connected successfully to the Mac computer.
We hope the above guide will help with connecting the Nintendo Switch controller to various devices. Connect your Nintendo Switch controller and have an exciting gaming experience.
Related: How to Download Games on Nintendo Switch
Frequently Asked Questions
Press and hold the small pairing button on your controller to disconnect it from the Nintendo Switch console.
No, You can’t connect the Nintendo Switch controller to your iPhone or iPad. Because it doesn’t have the software compatible with Nintendo accessories. So if you want to use controllers to play games on your iPhone you can use the Xbox or PlayStation controllers.