Have you ever thought of using a PS4 controller to play games on Windows PC? The PS4 Controller has specific buttons for certain actions in the gameplay. The controller is designed in such a way to facilitate seamless gaming for a long time. It is relatively more comfortable to play your favorite games on your PC with the PS4 Controller. You can also connect the PS4 Controller to the Android Phone and iPhone to play the games on these devices. There are multiple ways to connect the PS4 Controller to the PC.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC
The PS4 Controller can be connected to the PC through wired and wireless. There are three ways to connect the Controller to the PC. They are through Bluetooth, using Steam Settings, and DS4 Windows software.
How to Connect PlayStation 4 Controller to Steam
Steam is a popular gaming application for PC. You can use the DualShock 4 controller to play the games in the Stream. The Steam has built-in controller settings to connect the Controller via USB cable.
1. Start your PC and launch Steam on your PC.
2. Click the Steam in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. From the dropdown menu, pick Check for Steam Client Updates.
4. Now, Install available updates and restart your device.
5. Once the steam relaunches, connect your PS4 controller to the USB port on your PC.
6. On Steam, click the Best Picture Mode option in the top right corner and choose the Settings icon.
7. Select Controller Settings under the controller.
8. choose the PS4 Configuration Support once you find your PS4 controller under Detected Controllers.
9. Click the PS4 Controller and select Submit to connect.
Related: How to Boot PS4 in Safe Mode [PlayStation 4]
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC through Bluetooth
1. Open the Windows menu on the PC and tap the Settings (gear icon) right above the Power button.
2. Click the Devices in the Settings and select Bluetooth and other Device settings.
3. Next, turn on the Bluetooth on your PC.
4. Before you connect the PS4 controller, make sure your PS4 is turned off or in the rest mode.
5. Now, press and hold the PS and Share button on the Controller for three seconds until you see the light start flashing.
6. Tap the Add Bluetooth or other device option on the PC
7. Select Bluetooth on the Add device page and look for available devices.
8. Finally, click the Wireless Controller from the list of available devices.
9. If you are asked to enter the code, enter the default code as 0000.
10. Now, your controller will be connected to Bluetooth automatically.
Related: How to Connect PlayStation 4 to WiFi
How to Connect PS4 Controller to PC using DS4Windows
The PS4 Controller can also be connected to the PC without Steam or Bluetooth. You will need DS4Windows software to make the connection process simple. Window supports the Xbox 360 controller. So the DS4windows let the windows recognize the PS4 controller as an Xbox 360 controller by emulation.
1. First, download the DS4Windows software from the GitHub page.
2. Open the downloaded zip file and click the DS4 Updater file.
3. Select the Extract All option and tap the Extract option again.
4. Open the DS4Updater file and click the Open DS4W option
5. When you open the DS4Windows for the first time, you will be asked to select a location to save your profiles and settings, so select Appdata.
6. Click the Install the DS4 driver option to download and install the driver to connect the PS4 controller on your windows.
7. Once the app is installed, you can connect the Dualshock PS4 controller to your Windows PC and start using them for playing the games.
Related: How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
If the PS4 controller is not working on your PC, you can try the troubleshooting procedure.
Use a different USB cable
Restart your controller
Hard reset your PS4 Controller
Yes, You can play the Minecraft PC game with the PS4 controller though it doesn’t have a built-in controller on the PC version. In addition, you can also play most interesting games like GTA 5, Fortnite, and more.
Yes, you can connect the PS4 controller to Xbox One using your CronusMAX PLUS adapter and internet-connected PC.
- How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch Controller
- How to Listen to Spotify on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch
- How to Delete or Uninstall Games on Xbox One
- 3 Ways to Turn Off Your PS4 Controller
- How to Connect Your Xbox One to WiFi
- How to Reset Your Forgotten PS4 Password
- How to Connect a PS5 Controller to Your PC