Xbox One is the best console that consists of a variety of games. Being an Xbox One gamer, you must know how to connect your Xbox One console to WiFi. Without a WiFi network, you can’t do anything on your console. In this article, we are going to explain how to connect Xbox One to WiFi.
How to Connect Xbox One to WiFi
1. Press the Power button on your Xbox One console to turn it on.
2. Click the Xbox button to open the guide.
3. Tap the System option.
4. Select Settings from the System menu.
5. Then, click the General option.
6. Tap Network Settings from the general option.
7. Select the Set up wireless network option.
8. Now, you will get the list of WiFi networks. Choose your WiFi network.
9. If your WiFi network is password-protected, type in the password and click the OK button.
10. Now, the Xbox One console will connect to the WiFi network.
If you have an Ethernet cable, you can connect your Xbox Console to WiFi without any fuss. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and the other end to the console.
Related: How to Reset Xbox One Controller
Xbox One not Connecting to WiFi: Fixes
There are multiple reasons why your Xbox One is not connecting to your WiFi. Try out the below fixes.
1. First, check your internet connection to find whether the problem is with your router.
2. If you connected the router, then check your Xbox Live is online. Navigate to the Xbox Live status page on your laptop or smartphone to check whether the internet is working.
3. Next, check whether the other devices in your household are connected to the WiFi. If the other devices are connected, then the problem is with your Xbox One. If the other things are also not connected, restart your router.
4. Then, check the router connected with your Xbox One. Unplug the ethernet cable from your Xbox and insert it into another device to check whether the problem is with your ethernet cable.
5. Check whether you have entered the correct password of your WiFi to connect to Xbox One.
Related: How to Clear Cache on Xbox One.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all the Xbox One consoles can be connected to WiFi.
Check our detailed troubleshooting guide on how to fix Xbox One console not connecting to WiFi.