ESPN or Entertainment and Sports Programming Network is a sports channel. It also has its own streaming service with ESPN Plus (ESPN+) subscription. You can watch live and archived sports games like MLB, NHL, MLS, UFC, Tennis, and more. It is available on PlayStation Store to install on PS4 and PS5. You can download the ESPN app on PS4 to stream the live sporting events.
ESPN Plus Subscription
ESPN Plus Subscription is necessary to stream the live sport in the ESPN app on PlayStation 4. The cost of the ESPN Plus subscription is $6.99 per month and $69.99 per year.
How to Create ESPN Account
Suppose you have an account in Hulu, Disney+, or other streaming services that are under The Walt Disney Company, then you do not need to create an account. You can log in directly with the Hulu, Disney+, or other streaming services account and buy the subscription.
(1) Select the browser on your PC to open.
(2) Enter ESPN+ on the search bar and choose ESPN+ Official Website.
(3) On the ESPN+ home page, click on Subscribe to ESPN+ only.
(4) On the ESPN+ Create Account page, enter your personal information like Name, Email Address, Password, and select Sign-Up.
(5) Choose your plan and enter your payment details like your Credit Card number on the Pick a Plan page.
(6) Click Buy ESPN+ to get the ESPN Plus subscription.
(7) You now have your own ESPN account with ESPN Plus Subscription.
How to Install and Stream ESPN on PS4
(1) Launch your PS4 and make sure it is connected to the internet.
(2) Click on PlayStation Store on the home page.
(3) Select Search and enter ESPN on the search bar.
(4) Choose ESPN from the search results and select Download to download and install the app on PS4.
(5) Once the installation of the app is done, launch the ESPN app.
(6) Click on Sign in and enter your ESPN+ account details.
(7) Choose the shows you want and enjoy watching them on PS4.
No, ESPN+ does not currently offer any type of free trial. You can only buy the monthly subscription or yearly subscription of ESPN Plus directly to watch its content.
You can restart your PS4, Uninstall and reinstall the ESPN app on PS4, Check your internet connection, Sign out of your ESPN+ account, and after a few seconds, Sign in with your ESPN+ account. You have to update the PS4 to the latest firmware. These are the methods to resolve the ESPN app not working condition on PS4.