Recording the Gameplay is one of the favorite tasks for every gamer to showcase their gaming skills. You can also share the videos on social media. The Gameplay can be captured in the required format and it has no barriers in the duration. The process to record the Gameplay on PS3 is quite simple and it can be accomplished easily.
Unlike the current-gen PS4 and PS5 consoles, the PS3 system software does not have a built-in screen capture or a gameplay recording feature. You have to do this manually, and it can be done in three ways. They are
- Record PS3 Games without Capture Card
- Capture Gameplay on PS3 Games with Capture Card
- Use USB Drive to record the Gameplay on PS3
How to Record Gameplay on PS3 without Capture Card
 Start the PlayStation 3 and plugin the one end of the HDMI cable to the PS3 console.
 Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the PC.
 Download and Install the popular Screen Recording app on the PC.
 Launch the Screen Recording app.
 Click the Settings icon on the bottom right of the home window.
 Choose the File Location to save the Video and select the Format.
 Press on the ⊕ symbol to the crop window and set the capture area.
 To start the recording, press the REC button and start playing the game on PS3 for recording.
Related: How to Connect PS3 Controller to PC
How to Record PS3 Gameplay using the Capture Card
 Launch the PlayStation 3 and connect to the Game Capture HD with an HDMI cable.
 Plugin the Game Capture HD Card to TV with HDMI cable.
 Connect the Game Capture HD with your PC using the USB cable.
 Download the necessary software for the Capture Card.
 Press the Record button on the capture software to start recording the PS3 gameplay.
Related: How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS3
How to Record using USB Drive
 Download the SnagIt software Version 11 or 12 on your PC.
 Install the Software on your PC.
 Plugin the USB Drive into your PC.
 Open ‘C:\Program Files‘ and go to Screen Recorder location on PC.
 Copy all the contents into the USB Drive’s root path.
 Disconnect USB Drive.
 Plugin the USB Drive into the PS3 USB port, and it will start to record automatically.
Related: How to Charge PS3 Controller
There are three ways to record gameplay on PS3.
1. Connect your PS3 to your PC using HDMI and use screen capture software to record.
2. Using a Capture Card like Elgato Game Capture HD.
3. Flash USB Drive with a program called SnagIt to automatically record gameplay on PS3.
You would need to connect the PS3 and Elgato capture card using HDMI. Then connect the Elgato capture card to the PC using a USB. Make use of Game Capture HD software to record.
You can download the free screen recording software on your PC and connect the PS3 to your PC using an HDMI cable. Now, you can record the Gameplay without buying anything.
- A Comprehensive Look at the Top Electronic Payment Systems in 2023
- How to Play Online Slots: Everything You Should Know
- 5 Ways to Balance Professional Gaming and Studying
- How to Install and Watch MLB TV on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Get fuboTV on PS4 [PlayStation 4]
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One