Twitch is an interactive live streaming service that focuses on video game live streaming. Nowadays, many gamers are interested in recording their gameplay to stream it on different devices. The PS4 and Xbox One gamers can directly stream their gameplay through the Twitch app, which is already available on their console. But when it comes to Switch, the Twitch app is not available by default. So you will need some external device and software to stream Nintendo Switch on Twitch.
To stream Nintendo Switch on Twitch, the first thing you need is a capture card. You can use the Elgato Game Capture HD60 S. The OBS studio software is necessary for PC, which you can download for free from the official website. The webcam and microphone or headset are optional. A microphone is optional since it will help you to improve the audio quality while streaming.
Connect the Nintendo Switch Console to the Computer
1. Connect the capture card to the Switch dock. Since the dock is not available on Nintendo Switch Lite, and the Switch Lite doesn’t support capture cards.
2. Unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and connect it to the Elgato Game Capture HD60.
3. Connect the USB cable of the Elgato Game capture to the computer.
4. Take the HDMI cable provided with your Elgato.
5. Connect one end on the capture card and the other end to the TV monitor.
How to Stream the Nintendo Switch on Twitch
1. Visit the official Twitch Website and log in with your Twitch account.
2. Move to the dashboard of Twitch.
3. Then, click your profile icon.
4. Select Account Settings from your profile.
5. Tap the channels and videos tab from account settings.
6. From the Primary Key section, click the copy button to copy the key to the clipboard.
7. Open OBS studio software and select the Files tile.
8. Choose Settings from the files menu.
9. Then, click streaming and select Twitch as the streaming service.
10. Paste the Primary Key you copied in the available field and click the OK button.
11. Now, the OBS studio will broadcast to Twitch whenever you stream.
How to Set Nintendo Switch as Media Source
1. Navigate to the OBS studio and right-click on the dashboard.
2. Choose Add and click Video Capture Device.
3. Next, select your capture device from the menu and click the Ok button.
4. The live footage screen from Nintendo Switch will appear on the screen.
5. If you want to resize it, you can edit it with your mouse.
6. When you want to record a video of yourself while playing, you need to connect the webcam to the computer and repeat the above steps to set the webcam as a video capture device.
7. If you want to have a better experience, you can also connect the microphone or headset to the OBS studio. Once it is plugged in, the OBS studio will recognize it automatically.
8. To adjust the volume, use the volume sliders, which you can find at the bottom of the screen.
9. After setting up everything, click the Start Streaming button on OBS studio.
10. Finally, you can stream the Nintendo Switch on Twitch with OBS studio.
Streaming your own gameplay will make you popular among other gamers, and you can also showcase your gaming tricks. You can also learn a few steps from other’s game streaming videos. The Nintendo Switch can connect to the Bluetooth Headphones and AirPods for comfortable hearing of game audio. If you have any problem following the above steps to stream your gameplay of Nintendo Switch on Twitch, you can use the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, It is possible to stream Nintendo switch on Twitch with the OBS studio.
Yes, you can stream Nintendo Switch on Twitch without a capture card using an Xbox One.
- How to Watch ESPN on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch Controller
- How to Listen to Spotify on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch
- How to Delete or Uninstall Games on Xbox One
- 3 Ways to Turn Off Your PS4 Controller
- How to Connect Your Xbox One to WiFi
- How to Reset Your Forgotten PS4 Password