Sony introduced the voice assistant feature to the PS5 and the PS5 digital edition. It is enabled by default on the PlayStation 5 console. The PS5 allows the players to control the console without pressing the buttons. Instead, they can use the voice assistant to navigate on the PlayStation 5 console. You can turn on or off the voice assistant on PS5 in the Settings.
Voice Command has three customization options for the screen reader. You can change the speech speed, speech volume, and response timeout. After you activate the voice assistant, you can hear the female voice that reads whatever ever display on your PlayStation 5. You may feel it useful at the beginning and after some time, you may feel like the option is not for you.
How to Turn Off Voice on PS5
Quick Guide: Navigate to Settings on PS5> tap Accessbility> select Screen Reader> click Enable Screen Reader> turn off the voice on PS5.
1. Initially, turn on your PS5 console by pressing the Power button on your PlayStation 5 console.
2. Launch the Home screen on your PlayStation 5 and check the Wi-Fi connection.
3. Click the Settings icon, which you can find in the top right corner.
4. Next, tap Accessibility from the settings menu.
5. Click the Screen Reader on the left menu pane.
6. Select Enable screen reader from the sub-menu that appears on the screen.
7. Swipe the toggle followed by the enable screen reader option to turn off voice on your PlayStation 5.
8. Now, the voice on your PS5 will be disabled on your PlayStation 5 immediately.
The alternative way to turn off voice command is to access the Control Center. You can press the PS button on the Controller to get the Control Center and choose the Voice Command to turn it off.
You can turn on the voice on PS5 in the Enable Screen Reader to enable voice reader on your PlayStation 5 console. The PlayStation 5 can be connected to the TV and you can play the games with voice command support. In case of any feedback for the above guide, then please mention them in the comments section below.
Related: How to Enable Ray Tracing on PS5
Frequently Asked Questions
You can go to the settings and click the voice command option from the settings menu. Swipe the toggle followed by the enable voice option command to turn on voice on PlayStation 5.
Yes, you can change the voice on PlayStation 5 and you can assign your favorite sounds or upload any other sound from your PC and create your own Soundboard for PlayStation 5.
Yes, you can connect the soundbar to PS5 if it has an HDMI input and HDMI output/ ARC port.
After turning on the Enable Voice Command on the PS5, You just have to say, “Hey, PlayStation”. The console identifies the voice and responds to the command.