Have you bought a new PlayStation 5 and still want to play your favorite PS4 games? Yes, It is possible and you can upgrade your PS4 games to PS5 to play them on your PlayStation 5 console. All you need is a physical PS4 game and a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive to upgrade your PS4 games to PS5. Though you upgrade the games, you will not get a digital copy of the game. You need to download the PS5 update with the PSN. The digital games of PS4 can also be updated on PS5.
How to Upgrade PS4 Games to PS5 with Physical Disc
1. Start your PS5 Console and sign in with your PSN account on your PlayStation 5 console.
2. Open the PS5 console disc slot and insert your PS4 disc into it.
3. Now, navigate to the PlayStation Game Hub on your PlayStation 5.
4. Open the game you inserted on your PS5.
5. Click the Free PS5 Upgrade option that you can find in the top right corner.
6. Next, select Free, which you can find left to the Purchase Price icon.
7. Tap the Accept button to confirm your purchase. The download process will start now.
8. If the download process is over, you can launch the game and start playing your PS4 game on PlayStation 5.
Related: How to Charge PlayStation 5 Controller
How to Update PS4 Digital games on PS5 Console
1. Turn on the PlayStation 5 and log in to your PlayStation account on your PS5 console.
2. Next, click the PlayStation Store on the PS5 home screen.
3. Select the Game you want to upgrade to PS5. If you purchased the PS4 version of the game, you are eligible to upgrade the game to PS5.
4. When you select the game, you can see the pop-up message on the screen with the PS5 upgrade. Click the PS5 Upgrade to upgrade the PS4 games to PS5.
5. After you click the button, you will be taken to the next page, where you can upgrade the game.
6. Tap the Download button to install the game on your PlayStation 5.
7. Once you install the game, you can play the PS4 game on your PS5 console.
Related: How to Connect PlayStation 5 to TV
What are PS5 Enhanced PS4 Games
There are many PS4 games that you can upgrade to PlayStation 5. A list of a few games that you can upgrade to PS5.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny 2
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Dirt 5
- Dead by Daylight
- Hitman 3
- Guilty Gear Strive
- Marvel’s Avenger
- Riders Republic
- Watch Dogs Legion
- RIDE 4
- Mortal Kombat 11
- WRC 9
You can use the above steps that suit you to upgrade your PS4 games to PlayStation 5. Before you start the upgrading process, make sure your PlayStation 5 has a disc drive. Upgrade your PS4 games to PlayStation 5 to have an interesting gaming experience with your friends. If you have any doubts about the above steps, please mention them in the comments section.
Related: How to Setup PlayStation 5
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can upgrade PS4 games to PS5 with the PS5 console’s backward compatibility feature.
Most of the PS4 games are available for a free update. Only a few games have upgrade purchases to buy in the PlayStation Store.
- How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch Controller
- How to Listen to Spotify on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch
- How to Delete or Uninstall Games on Xbox One
- 3 Ways to Turn Off Your PS4 Controller
- How to Connect Your Xbox One to WiFi
- How to Reset Your Forgotten PS4 Password
- How to Connect a PS5 Controller to Your PC