Xbox One has integrated with music services like Spotify, Pandora, and SoundCloud. While you are playing the game, you can play music in the background from these official music apps. But you can’t directly play music from Apple Music because Apple still didn’t deliver its support to the Xbox One gaming console. But there are ways to play Apple Music on Xbox One.
Apple Music in the best music streaming app in terms of audio quality and music collection. You must have an Apple Music subscription to stream the songs and podcasts. The subscription costs $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year. It also has a family subscription for 6 members, and it costs $14.99 per month. You can also stream Apple Music on PS4. There are three methods to play Apple Music on Xbox One.
- Stream Apple Music on Xbox One through AirPlay.
- Play Apple Music on Xbox One without AirServer.
- How to play Apple Music on Xbox One using Web Player.
How to Play Apple Music on Xbox One through AirPlay
The AirServer app can stream Apple Music on Xbox through AirPlay. Airserver is the screen mirroring software receiver for Xbox One. You can enable the AirServer on both your iPhone or iPad and Xbox one.
Steps to Activate AirServer on Xbox One
1. Launch the Xbox One console and connect the Xbox One to the WiFi network.
2. Go to Store in Xbox One and type AirServer on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the AirServer Xbox Edition.
4. Select the Free Trial, but it is better to pay $16.74 and get the full version of AirServer.
5. Click the Launch button to launch AirServer on your Xbox One.
6. Finally, select the QR code to display the QR code using the controller.
How to Enable AirServer on iOS
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone and search for AirServer connect.
2. Now, click the Get button to install the AirServer Connect app.
3. Open the AirServer Connect on your iPhone and select Scan QR Code.
4. Confirm access to your Camera to AirServer.
5. Scan the QR code and connect the AirServer with Xbox One.
6. Now, open the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
7. Select a song or playlist that you wish to listen to while you are playing.
8. Tap the AirPlay icon on the bottom of the playback screen.
9. Select the Xbox one device to connect and stream the Apple Music on the console.
How to Play Apple Music on Xbox One without AirServer
You can play Apple Music songs on Xbox One without AirServer. First, you need to convert the Apple music files to a common audio file format. You can easily do that with the help of an Apple Music Converter. It is the best tool to convert DRM ( Digital Rights Management) protected tracks to Xbox One-supported audio formats like MP3, WAV, and AAC with high quality.
1. Download the Apple Music Converter on your computer.
2. Open Apple Music Converter and click the Open Apple Music Web Player and sign in with your Apple ID.
3. Click the Settings icon to select the output format for Xbox One. The suggested file format for Xbox One is MP3.
4. Select the Playlist or Album that you want to convert and click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
5. Now, you can see the pop-up dialogue box that contains a list of songs you can convert.
6. Choose the songs and click the Convert button. Now, you can see the Apple Music in .mp3 on the history folder.
7. Save the converted songs on a USB drive.
8. Then, download a Simple Background Music Player on your Xbox One.
9. Insert the USB drive on your Xbox One.
10. Lastly, open the Music Player on the console and start playing your Apple Music.
How to Play Apple Music using Web Player
You can also access the Apple music library through its official website. The Xbox One console has the Microsoft Edge web browser for surfing the internet.
1. Power on the Xbox One device and press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Next, select the Apps menu and open the Microsoft Edge browser.
3. Visit the Apple Music Website [music.apple.com/us/browse] and sign in to Apple Music with Apple ID.
4. Browse the songs from the music library to play on Xbox One.
Using the web player may not work properly every time. The songs may get frequent crashes while you play music in the background on Xbox One using Microsoft Edge Player. You can Connect AirPods to Xbox One to stream the Apple Music tracks in the best sound quality.
You can AirPlay your iPhone to Xbox One using the AirServer app. Go to the control center and tap the screen mirroring option and click your Xbox One from the given list to Xbox one.
The Xbox One console does not feature Bluetooth functionality.
Apple Music is unavailable on Xbox One, but still, you can enjoy Apple Music on Xbox one through AirPlay and a USB drive.