Plex is a streaming service and also a client-server-based media player platform. You can add movies, videos, audio, pictures, and more from your collection to the server, where you can stream them on the internet. You can also share your collection with your friends, families, and relatives. It is available on PlayStation, and you can stream Plex on PS5 to watch offline media.
Plex has its own library of on-demand titles, and 200+ channels that you can stream anytime, anywhere, and they are available 24/7. The channels include categories like action, cooking, news, cartoons, and more. Although Plex is free to use, it also has its own subscription service called Plex Pass.
How to Install Plex on PS5
(1) Turn on your PS5 and make sure it is connected to the internet.
(2) Navigate to Media on the home screen.
(3) Select All Apps and search for the Plex app.
(4) If you don’t spot the Plex app in the All Apps section, then click the Search icon.
(5) Enter Plex on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
(6) Choose Plex from the search results and select Download to install Plex on Xbox One.
(7) Once the app gets installed on the PS5, it will be available in the Media section.
How to Create Plex Account
(1) Power on your PC and select the browser.
(2) Enter Plex on the search bar, and from the search results, choose Plex Official Website.
(3) Select Sign Up Free on the home page.
(4) On the Create your Free account page, enter your Email Address and Password to create an Account or Create an Account using Google, Facebook, or Apple account.
How to Setup Plex Server on Your Device And Add Media to the Server
(1) Turn on your PC and go to your browser.
(2) Search for Plex Media Server Download, and choose the Official Plex Media Server Download Website.
(3) Choose the Platform on which you are going to download the Plex Media Server.
(4) Select Download to download the app on your device and install the app.
(5) Launch the Plex Media Server app and select the Plex icon.
(6) Click on the Media Manager, and this will open a tab on your default browser.
(7) On the Get Started page, click on Already have an account?
(8) Enter your Username and Password and select Sign in.
(9) During Basic Setup, you do not need to make any changes to the default settings. Select Next.
(10) Choose the Channels you want to install on the Media Server.
(11) Select Install to install the app on the Media Server and click Next.
(12) Click Done to finish Media Server Setup.
(13) Select the + Add Section button.
(14) On the + Add Section page, choose the type of media you want.
(15) In the Name field, enter any name.
(16) Click Add Folder and enter the path of the media you want to add.
(17) Select Save to finish the process.
How to Activate Plex on PS5
(1) On the home screen, select the Media tab.
(2) Choose the Plex app and select Open.
(3) Click Sign In, and you will see an Activation code appearing on the screen.
(4) Visit the Plex TV Website [plex.tv/link] from any device.
(5) Sign in with your Plex account. Enter the Activation Code in the given field and select Link.
(6) The Plex app will refresh itself, and the app will be connected to your Plex Server.
PS5 does not support all file formats, but it supports all the same formats as the PS4. You can also easily playback media that is on the USB stick on PS5.
Plex app is free to use and is available on streaming devices like Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, PlayStation 4, 5, and more.
You need to update your PS5 device, uninstall and reinstall the Plex app, log out of your Plex account, restart your PS5 device, and after a dozen seconds, log in back again using the Plex account. Check your internet connection, and more. These are the methods to solve Plex not working on PS5.