When we talk about the gaming consoles, the PlayStation 5 is always in the first place because of its unique features with the DualShock 5 controller. One of the best features of PlayStation is the Remote Play feature. PS Remote Play is a feature that allows you to stream the PS5 screen on Android, iOS, and Mac PC. You can also stream your PS5 to PS4 using the remote play app. Remember, Remote play doesn’t support the games which use PlayStation VR or the PlayStation camera. In this article, we are going to explain how to install and use the PS Remote play on different devices.
How to Install the Remote Play App
1. Launch the Smartphone or PC and open the PlayStore/ App Store on your smartphone.
2. Type Remote Play in the search bar and select the app from the search results.
3. Download the app on your PC. Click Install to download the PS5 Remote Play app on your Smartphone.
5. Finally, run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
How to Set up Remote Play on PS5
1. Launch your PS5 home screen and connect to the WiFi Network.
2. Click the Settings icon that you can find in the top right corner.
3. Then, select the System option from the settings menu.
4. Tap the Remote Play option and swipe the toggle near the Enable Remote Play on your PlayStation 5.
5. Next, click the Power Saving under the System menu and select Features available in rest mode.
6. Swipe the toggles near the Stay Connected to the internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network option to enable the features.
How to Use Remote Play on Windows and Mac PC
1. Open the installed Remote Play app on your device(Android, iOS, Mac).
2. Click Sign in to PSN and log in with your PSN account. Enter the two-step verification code.
3. The next screen will show the explanation to connect the PS5 controller to your Remote play enabled device.
4. Select the Controller you want to connect to your device. Choose the device and wait for a few seconds.
5. Your device will detect your PS5 controller.
After it detects the PS5 screen will appear on the screen with some on-screen controls. You can use the controls that appear on the screen, or else you can use the PS5 controller to control the screen.
How to Use PS5 Remote Play on PS4
1. Open the Remote Play app on your PS4 or PlayStation 5, using which you want to stream. You can open the remote play app from the home screen or navigate to the Game Library and select the app.
2. Sign in with your PSN account to search for your main PS5.
3. If you have found the device, then click PS5 you want to stream. Your console will connect to the PS5 and it will appear on the screen.
Using the above steps, you can stream the PS5 Remote Play on PS4. You can also upgrade the PS4 games to play on the PS5 console. Keep in mind that the Remote Play app may not work properly with incompatible devices/ games. So to have a better streaming experience, use the PlayStation 5 Remote Play on verified games. Kindly specify the issues and suggestions for the above procedure in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
PS5 Remote Play is a special feature of PlayStation 5 that allows you to stream your PS5 and PS4 games on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
If PS5 Remote Play is not working on your device, check whether you have a stable internet connection. Uninstall the remote play app and reinstall it again to play the games. You can also check whether your device is updated to the latest firmware.
- How to Watch ESPN on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch Controller
- How to Listen to Spotify on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch
- How to Delete or Uninstall Games on Xbox One
- 3 Ways to Turn Off Your PS4 Controller
- How to Connect Your Xbox One to WiFi
- How to Reset Your Forgotten PS4 Password