Ray Tracing is one of the best features on PlayStation 5. It helps the PS5 gamers to recreate a reflection of rays of light from physical surfaces. The PS5 gamers can activate this special feature on their PlayStation 5 console and use it on only ray tracing enabled PS5 games. The PlayStation 5 games have quality and performance modes. You will get ray tracing only in the quality mode, not in the performance mode. The quality mode will also be referred to as graphics mode or resolution mode. The PS5 also offers Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers in the Controller for better gameplay. Read this guide completely to know more about PS5 ray tracing and how to enable it on your PlayStation 5 console.
How to Enable Ray Tracing on PS5
1. Initially, turn on your PS5 by pressing the power button on your PlayStation 5 console.
2. Navigate to Settings using your DualShock PS5 wireless controller.
3. Tap Saved Data and Game/App Settings from the settings menu.
4. Next, select the Game Presets option.
5. Click the Performance mode or Resolution mode from the game presets section.
6. Finally, tap the Resolution Mode to enable ray tracing on PS5.
Related: How to Setup Parental Controls on PS5
Alternative Way to Enable Ray Tracing
You can also activate ray tracing on your PlayStation 5 console by changing the game settings.
1. Power on the PlayStation 5 and navigate to the Game Settings on your PS5.
2. Tap the Graphics mode option in the Settings.
3. Next, select Fidelity or Performance RT.
4. Choose Fidelity for 30 FPS and other graphical features.
5. Select Performance RT for 60 FPS in the PlayStation 5.
Related: How to Upgrae PS4 Game to PS5
PS5 Ray Tracing Supported Games
- Control Ultimate Edition
- Devil May Cry 5 Special
- DOOM Eternal
- Astro’s Playroom
- DIRT 5
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Call of duty
- Ride 4
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Spide-Man Remastered
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Metro Exodus
- NBA 2K21
- Observe: System Redux
- Resident Evil Village
You could easily enable ray tracing on your PlayStation 5 and go through the list of games that support ray tracing to play on your PlayStation 5 console. But when you select the game, make sure you don’t enable the performance mode for the game. Because when you enable the performance mode, you cannot use the ray tracing. Select a game that supports ray tracing and have a nice gaming experience on your PlayStation 5 console with the good graphical lighting features. If you have any problems following the above procedure, please do let us know in the comments section.
Related: How to Start PS5 in Safe Mode
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, PS5 has the ray tracing in the game interface. But you can use it only on the ray-tracing supported PlayStation 5 games. You can ray tracing on PlayStation 5 by accessing the Game Presets in the Settings.
Ray Tracing is a light-rendering technology that helps in creating incredibly realistic lighting effects in video games.
You can’t turn off this feature in general. But you can do that for the particular games by navigating to Advanced Settings section to turn off ray tracing.
Currently, there is no update for the Minecraft game on PS5 supporting Ray Tracing. You may expect a future update in the game with Ray Tracing support.
- A Comprehensive Look at the Top Electronic Payment Systems in 2023
- How to Play Online Slots: Everything You Should Know
- 5 Ways to Balance Professional Gaming and Studying
- How to Install and Watch MLB TV on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Get fuboTV on PS4 [PlayStation 4]
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One