How to Download YouTube on PlayStation 3 [PS3]
YouTube platform is available for almost all smart devices. Starting from smartphones and PCs, you can install the YouTube app on streaming devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. On the PS3 consoles, you can install the YouTube app and watch all the videos. With the YouTube app on your PlayStation 3 console, you can sign in with your Google account and access all your favorite channels and videos.
How to Install YouTube on PS3
Similar to installing YouTube on PS4, you can install the app on PlayStation 3 from the official store.
(1) Launch your PS3 and connect it to the internet.
(2) Log in to the PlayStation Network.
(3) Navigate to the Search option, which is available at the top of the PlayStation Store.
(4) Enter YouTube in the search bar.
(5) Select the YouTube app from the search results.
(6) Tap the Download button to get the YouTube app on your PlayStation 3 console.
How to Activate YouTube on PlayStation 3 [PS3]
(1) Open your YouTube app available on your PS3.
(2) Go to Sign In & Settings and select Sign in. You will see an activation code on the screen.
(3) On your computer, open your browser and go to the YouTube Activation Website [www.youtube.com/activate].
(4) On the Connect a device page, enter your activation code.
(5) Click the Next button.
(6) Now, sign in to your Google account that is linked to the YouTube app.
(7) After that, the YouTube app on your console will be activated. You can watch all the videos.
YouTube Premium is for ad-free streaming. It also has the benefits of background streaming as well as offline streaming. YouTube Premium subscription costs $11.99 per month for individuals. It also has a Family Premium for $17.99 per month for five members. You can get a free trial for one month for both premium plans.
YouTube on PS3 – Limitations
Though the YouTube app is officially available for PlayStation 3 consoles, many features of the YouTube app are not available. Some of the unavailable features are,
- You can’t play 4K videos on YouTube using the PS3 consoles.
- You can’t directly upload a gameplay video from your console to the YouTube app.
- It is impossible to link your PlayStation account and YouTube account.
- As the PS3 console is an old gaming console, you will have some performance issues with the YouTube app.
When the YouTube app is not working properly, or the app is frozen, you have to restart the PlayStation 3. You can also try updating the PS3 console or the YouTube app to fix the issue.
No, with the built-in PlayStation 3 web browser, you can’t access the YouTube website.
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Change or Reset Your PS4 Password
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Xbox One
- How to Restart Xbox One [Different Ways]
- How to Reset PS3 [PlayStation 3] to Factory Settings
- How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch