YouTube TV is a popular streaming service in the U.S. It contains more than 85 channels, including sports and news. YouTube TV offers unlimited cloud DVR storage. The users can record and store their favorite TV shows and movies in the YouTube TV library. YouTube TV is accessible on the PlayStation Gaming Console such as PS4 and PS5. You can stream the TV channels on the PlayStation 5 with the YouTube TV app.
YouTube TV has only one subscription package, and it costs $64.99 per month. You can purchase the subscription from the YouTube TV Official Website. It also has a free trial for two weeks. You can stream YouTube TV on three devices simultaneously. It allows up to 6 profiles per subscription. The app offers the TV schedule for the TV channels.
How to Install and Activate YouTube TV on PS5
1) The first thing to do is to set up a PlayStation 5 with your TV.
2) Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on PS5 and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
3) Connect your PlayStation 5 to the wall outlet.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your PS5 for the first time.
5) After completing the above process, You’ll see the PS5 interface on your display.
6) Select the Menu tab displayed on the top left corner of the screen.
7) You can see pre-installed apps on the screen, Scroll to the left and select the All Apps icon.
8) All the apps on the PS5 are displayed on the screen.
9) Locate YouTube TV from the apps or click on the Search icon displayed at the top right corner of the screen.
10) Enter YouTube TV on the search and select the YouTube TV in the search results.
11) Install the YouTube TV app on PlayStation 5.
12) Open the YouTube TV app on PS5 and tap the option Login.
13) You’ll see an 8-digit code on the screen.
14) Launch any Web browser on your PC or Smartphone and visit the YouTube TV Activation Site.
15) Enter the Activation Code on the box and tap Next. Follow the on-screen prompts to activate YouTube TV on PS5.
16) Now, you can stream your favorite shows on YouTube TV.
Related: How to Watch YouTube TV on Xbox 360
How to Access YouTube TV on PS5 in Geo-blocked regions
This app is currently available only in the U.S region. To access the app outside the U.S, you need to set up a VPN to stream YouTube TV on PS5. There are three methods to set up a VPN on PS5. The most effective method among the three is setting up a virtual router for PS5.
1) The first thing to do is to install a VPN on your PC. There are plenty of VPN services available. Make sure to buy a paid VPN service.
2) Navigate to Settings on your PC and select the Mobile Hotspot.
3) Clicking the toggle button to enable the Mobile Hotspot option. Type the Name and Password for your virtual router.
4) Under the Related Settings, select Change adapter options.
5) Right-click the VPN-TAP Adapter option and select the Properties option.
6) A new window appears. Tap the Sharing tab at the top.
7) Click the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection option.
8) Select the Local Area Connection under the heading Home networking connection and tap OK.
9) Open the VPN service and connect it to the U.S server.
10) Connect PlayStation 5 to your TV and launch the PS5 console.
11) Tap the Settings icon displayed at the top right corner.
12) Select the Network and tap Set Up Internet Connection.
13) It displays a list of devices. Select the Router name and type the password to complete the setup.
Now, the YouTube TV app appears in the All Apps section, and you can stream the TV channels. In the same way, you can also stream YouTube TV on Nintendo Switch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, the YouTube TV service is not available outside the U.S. But you can stream YouTube TV by using VPN.
Yes. YouTube TV is a premium subscription service. To watch content on YouTube TV, you need to pay.
Yes, you can now stream your favorite YouTube videos on PS5. The steps to install YouTube TV on PS5 are simple and super-easy to do. In addition to this, there are some popular streaming services you can install and watch on PS5.