Google Classroom allows teachers or tutors to create as many classes as possible. With that, the teachers can give assignments, grades, and feedback to the students. When you feel like having too many classes, you can archive or delete the Google Classroom. Once you archive the class, it will be placed in a separate section to preserve the class materials, student work, and posts.
Also, you can’t find the archived class on the active classes page. Archiving is one of the convenient ways to keep the class materials without deleting them permanently. The students also can access the class notes and materials on the archived class anytime.
How to Archive Google Classroom on PC
1. Turn On your PC and go to the Google Classroom website [https://classroom.google.com] from a web browser.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Sign in to your account with Google credentials.
3. Tap the three-dotted icon on the class card.
4. Next, select Archive from the menu.
5. A pop-up window will appear on the screen.
6. Tap the Archive button again to confirm the process.
7. Click the Hamburger icon at the top-left and select Archived Classes to find the archived classes.
How to Archive a Google Classroom on Android Phone & iPhone
2. Once installed, launch the Google Classroom app and sign in with your Google account.
3. After that, choose the class that you want to archive and tap the More icon.
4. Click the Archive option
5. Finally, click Archive again on the popup screen to archive the Google Classroom.
What Happens When You Archive a Class?
- Archived classes won’t be available in the active class section.
- Students can’t unenroll from the archived class.
- Both the teachers and students can see the archived classes.
- Anyone from the class can access all the attachments, files, and materials from Google Drive.
How to Unarchive Class on Google Classroom
If you have a change of mind, you can also unarchive the class in Google Classroom to continue with your work.
1. Open Google Classroom on your device.
2. Click the Menu button.
3. Select Archived Classes from the menu.
4. Here, you can find the archived classes.
5. Choose the class you want to unarchive and tap the Menu icon.
6. Tap Restore in the menu.
7. Finally, click Restore from the popup to unarchive a class in Google Classroom.
Similarly, you can use the above steps to restore the archived class in the Google Classroom app on your iPhone or Android Phone.
Note: Similarly, you can also archive emails in Gmail.
How to Delete a Google Classroom
Before deleting a Google Classroom, you need to archive the class. Delete the Classroom if you are sure that you will never use the class again.
Delete a Google Classroom on PC
1. Open the Google Classroom and click the Menu button.
2. Click the Archived Classes option.
3. Select the class you need to delete and tap the More icon.
4. Tap Delete to delete a class in Google Classroom.
5. Hit the Delete button again to confirm the process.
Delete a Google Classroom on Android and iPhone
1. Open the Google Classroom app on your phone.
2. Hit the Menu icon at the top left.
3. Scroll down and choose Archived Class.
4. Choose the class that you want to delete and click the More icon.
5. Click Delete from the popup screen.
5. Hit the Delete button again for confirmation.
How to Leave a Google Classroom
If you cannot see the archive option, you can leave the class by unenrolling.
1. Launch Google Classroom on your smartphone or PC and select the three-dotted icon.
2. Select Classes and choose the class that you want to leave.
3. Tap Unenroll.
4. Finally, click the Unenroll option from the popup screen to leave the class.
No. Students cannot archive or delete a Google Classroom.
To archive class, open Google Classroom → click on the three dots icon → select Archive.
To hide an assignment, navigate to Classes → Assignments → Assignments by Class → Select the assignment → Tap Hide.
No. You must archive the class before deleting it.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.