- You can pair the Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones to your Mac using the Bluetooth feature.
- How to Pair: Turn ON Pairing mode on the headphones → Go to Bluetooth Settings on Mac → Choose the Sony Headphone.
Sony WH-1000XM4 can be paired to a Mac or other devices using Bluetooth connectivity. To pair the Sony headphone to your Mac, it should run on macOS version 10.10 and higher. You have to turn ON the paring mode on the Sony WH-1000XM4 and enable Bluetooth on your Mac to connect it.
You can connect the Sony WH-1000XM4 to up to 8 devices, including your Mac. Also, you can pair it with 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously using its Multipoint Connection. This headphone is certified with 360 Reality Audio as it is developed by analyzing each individual’s ear shape to provide an immersive music experience to all.
In this guide, you will learn how to connect the Sony WH-1000XM4 to a MacBook Pro or iMac PC.
How to Pair Sony WH-1000XM4 to MacBook
1. Press the Power button on the headphones to turn it ON.
2. Long press the Power button for 7 seconds.
3. Wait till the Blue LED blinks twice.
4. Now release the button, and you will hear the headphone’s voice guidance say “Bluetooth pairing.”
5. Power ON your Mac and click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen to open System Settings.
6. Select System Preferences and tap Bluetooth from the menu.
7. Turn ON the Bluetooth to search for nearby devices.
8. Pick WH-1000XM4 and hit Connect.
9. Input “0000” when your Mac asks for a passkey.
10. Once the Sony WH-1000XM4 is connected to your Mac, the headphone’s voice guidance says “Bluetooth connected.”
If you have Apple AirPods, you can connect the AirPods to your Mac and get Personalized Spatial Audio and Active Noice Cancellation.
How to Unpair Sony WH-1000XM4 from Mac
1. Navigate to the Bluetooth settings on Mac.
2. Locate your headphones from the shown list of devices.
3. Tap the ⓘ Button near the Sony WH-1000XM4.
4. Press the Forget This Device button from the opening window.
5. Now, the Sony headphones will be unpaired or deleted from the Mac. You have to pair the headphones again to use them.
6. If you want to connect it automatically to the Mac next time, point the cursor near the Sony WH-1000XM4 and select the Disconnect option.
Features of Sony WH-1000XM4
- Noise Cancellation is available along with a personal NC optimizer.
- Battery life up to 30 hours (NC ON) and 38 hours (NC OFF).
- With Adaptive Sound Control, it will automatically adjust the ambient sound settings.
- Detects the usage and adapts playback accordingly to save battery usage.
- Compatible with Siri and Alexa.
How to Fix Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Connecting to MacBook Pro
Follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the connectivity issues of WH-1000XM4 to Mac.
- Check and update your macOS to its latest version.
- Reduce the distance within 3 feet and reconnect it.
- Unpair the headphones from other devices.
- Keep your headphones updated by using the Sony Headphones Connect app.
- Ensure to select the correct headphone name from the Mac’s Bluetooth device list.
- Restart the pairing process when it takes more than 5 minutes to connect.
- Check whether the headphone has any physical damage. If yes, reach the nearby store to repair it.
Install the Sony Headphones Connect app on your Smartphone from the Play Store. Pair your headphones with the app → Select Systems from the menu → Turn ON Automatic software update to get notified and update your headphones automatically.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook [App & Website]
- How to Add and Watch Freeview on Apple TV
- How to Chromecast DAZN on TV
- Possible Ways to Get Tinder Gold For Free
- How to Hide Snapchat Score 
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated October 2023]
- How to Install and Watch IPTV on Hisense Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung Smart TV Remote Not Working Issues
- How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership
- How to Get Adobe Photoshop 7-Day Free Trial