Amazon is a popular e-commerce platform used by billions of people worldwide. Generally, the Amazon website is in light mode by default. If you have been using Amazon for a long time, you may face eye pain. This is due to excessive exposure to bright lights. To save your eyes from bright light, you need to use Amazon in the dark theme. Unfortunately, Amazon does not have built-in dark mode support. But you can use the Amazon website or app in the dark theme by enabling the dark mode on the devices you are using.
How to Set Dark Theme on Amazon Website [Google Chrome]
1) Open the Chrome browser on your computer and go to Chrome Web Store.
2) In that, search for the Dark Reader extension. You can also search for any dark mode extension of your choice.
3) Click Add to Chrome and tap the option Add extension to install the extension on your browser.
4) When it is installed, click the extension displayed on the toolbar to enable the dark theme.
5) Now, go to the Amazon website, and use it in the dark theme.
6) To revert back, click on the Dark Reader Extension bar and turn off the toggle.
How to Enable Amazon Dark Mode on Firefox Browser
If you are using the Firefox browser, follow the below steps to activate the dark mode.
1) Open the Firefox browser and navigate to Customize section.
2) Select Themes from the bottom of the screen.
3) Select the Dark option.
4) Now, visit the Amazon site Amazon.com on your desktop, and it will appear with a dark theme.
You can install Night Eye Extension on your browser to enable dark mode. For that, visit https://nighteye.app/ website and add the extension to your browser. It will change the entire browser into the dark mode, and it supports almost all browsers. To install Night Eye, you can use the Yandex browser because it is the only browser that allows you to add an extension to your mobile.
How to Use Amazon App in Dark Mode [Android]
Enabling night mode on the Amazon app from your Smartphone is not possible. Because the app doesn’t have any inbuilt dark mode feature. So, you need to enable the option Force Dark Mode on your Android mobile to use Amazon in the night mode.
Before moving into the steps, make sure to enable developer mode on your Android Phone.
Enable Developer Mode on Android: Go to Settings → Click About Phone → Tap 7 to 8 times the Build Number to enable developer mode.
1) Launch the Settings app on your Android Phone.
2) Scroll down and tap Developer Options.
3) Locate and select the toggle button near the option Force Dark Mode to enable it.
4) Go to the Notification panel on your Android phone.
5) Click on the Dark theme icon to enable dark mode on your Android phone.
6) Now, open the Amazon app on your Android phone and use the app in the dark theme.
Note: You can easily revert it by turning off the dark mode on your device.
How to Activate Dark Theme on Amazon App [iPhone/iPad]
Make sure to disable the dark theme on your iPhone/iPad before following the steps below.
1) Unlock your iPhone or iPad and go to Settings.
2) Click on the Accessibility option.
3) Then, select the option Display & Text Size.
4) Look for the Smart Invert option and hit the toggle switch to enable it.
5) Now, open the Amazon Prime shopping app and use the app in the dark theme.
Other Dark Mode Guides:
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest
- How to Enable Dark Mode on SoundCloud Music
No, Amazon doesn’t have an inbuilt dark mode feature.
Yes, you can turn on the dark theme on Amazon Kindle.
You can turn off the dark theme on Amazon by disabling the dark mode on the device you are using.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
- How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser
- How to Recover Deleted History on Chrome
- How to Find Saved Passwords on Google Chrome
- Why Are My PDFs Opening in Chrome