A lot has changed in the Telegram app since the introduction of Telegram Premium. Features like Dark Mode, Chats customization, and Multiple device access have a lot of user-defined settings. In the Telegram app, you can enable Dark Mode and customize the intensity of the dark light to your preference. Let’s see how to turn on the Dark or Night Mode on Telegram app and website.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Telegram [Android]
In the older version of the Telegram app, the steps to enable Night Mode are the same for both Android and iOS smartphones. But, with the latest version, the steps vary completely. In Android smartphones and tablets, you can enable Dark Mode within two seconds.
The easiest way to enable Dark Mode on Telegram is to click the Profile icon and tap the Crescent icon to turn on the night mode.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
If you want more customization options in the Night Mode, you need to access the Telegram Settings menu.
1. Tap the Settings option on the Profile menu.
2. In the Settings menu, choose the Chat Settings option.
3. Tap the Switch to Night Mode option. The Telegram app will switch to the dark theme.
4. If you want to customize the dark intensity, click the Browse Themes option and choose Dark or Night to change the intensity.
5. To turn on the Night Mode automatically, turn on the Auto-Night Mode toggle.
6. In the Auto-Night Mode, you have four different options.
System Default: This will enable or disable the dark mode based on your smartphone settings. If you enable the dark mode on your Android smartphone, the Telegram app will switch to the dark theme.
Adaptive: This will enable or disable the night mode based on your surroundings. If you are in a dark room with less than 15%, the dark mode will be enabled automatically.
Scheduled: Here, you can set a preferred time schedule to enable and disable the dark mode.
Disabled: Choose this option to turn off the Auto-Night Mode on Telegram.
These are different customization options available on the dark theme for the Telegram Android app.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Telegram [iPhone/iPad]
The Crescent icon is not available on the Telegram app for iPhones and iPads. You need to access the Settings menu to enable the night theme.
1. Open the Telegram app and tap the Profile icon.
2. Scroll down to the Appearance option and tap on it.
3. Turn on the Night Mode toggle to activate the dark theme.
4. To change the intensity, click the Chat Themes option and choose Dark or Night.
5. If you want to enable the automatic dark mode feature, click the Auto-Night Mode option and choose one of the four options.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Telegram Desktop
1. Launch the Telegram app on your PC.
2. Then, click on the Menu icon (three-horizontal lined icon) from the upper left corner.
3. Tap the toggle located next to the Night Mode option.
4. The dark theme will be enabled on the Telegram app instantly.
5. To change the settings, click the Settings menu and choose Chat Settings.
6. You can choose between Tinted or Night to change the intensity.
7. Tick the Match the system settings checkbox to enable or disable the night theme based on your PC settings. If you enable the dark mode on your Windows PC, Telegram will automatically switch to the dark theme.
Dark Mode on Telegram Web
While using the Telegram web version, follow the steps mentioned for the desktop. Instead of the Night Mode toggle, you need to enable the Dark Mode toggle for PC browsers. For smartphone browsers, you can turn on the Night Mode toggle. Based on the browser you are using, the steps may vary. You can enable the dark mode on Safari or Chrome web browser and use the Telegram website in the night theme.
Dark mode will protect your vision while using your Telegram app on mobile or PC at night. It is advisable to turn off the dark mode in light conditions.
Yes, from the Chat settings, you can change the background color and other options.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.