- You can switch your VLC media player to dark mode on different devices in different ways.
- You can switch to dark mode from VLC’s app settings on an Android smartphone.
- Switching to dark mode on iPhones will change the theme of the VLC media player.
- You can download the dark theme from VLC’s official website on Windows, Mac, and Linux and change it from the app’s Tools tab.
VLC is a free, open-source media player that you can use to play all video and audio file formats. You can also use this player to play IPTV and other online content. On Android smartphones, you can directly switch to the dark theme from the VLC app settings. iPhone users must switch to dark mode on their device to access dark mode. On PCs, you can download the dark skin and apply it to the app. Using dark mode in VLC will reduce eye strain while watching videos in low-light conditions, and it also helps in saving battery life.
How to Enable Dark Mode on VLC
The steps to enable dark mode on VLC will differ from one platform to another. The following section will display the procedure for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac platforms.
VLC Dark Mode on Android
To switch to a dark theme on VLC Media Player on an Android smartphone, follow the steps below.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Open the VLC media player and press the Menu icon on its home screen.
2. Click the Settings option on the VLC media player.
3. Scroll down and click Interface under the Extra settings section.
4. Now, click the DayNight mode option.
5. Select the Black theme mode, and it will enable the night mode on the VLC player.
- DayNight mode – Switch between the day and night theme automatically.
- Follow system mode – It will follow your Android settings.
VLC Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
To put the VLC media player in a dark theme, you must switch to a Dark theme on your iPhone or iPad. Here is how to do it.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Go to the Display & Brightness menu.
3. Under the APPEARANCE section, choose the Dark menu.
4. Now, open the VLC media player, and it will open with the dark theme.
VLC Dark Mode on Windows, Mac, or Linux PC
On the VLC Media Player app on Windows 11 or 10, Linux, or Mac, there is no dedicated dark theme option. However, you can download a dark skin theme on VLC’s official website and set it on your VLC media player.
1. From the official website of the VLC, select any dark mode skin (eDark VLC) and download it on your device.
2. Open the VLC application on your PC.
3. Click the Tools option on the player’s menu bar.
4. Choose Preferences from the expanded menu.
5. Click the Interface option at the top left side of the Simple preferences window.
6. Under Interface Settings, choose Use Custom Skin.
7. Tap on Choose to browse the location in which the downloaded file is saved.
8. Finally, click the Save button and quit the VLC player.
9. Relaunch the player, and it will open with a dark background.
Download your favorite skin from the VLC official website and open the VLC media player on your PC. Click on Tools and select Preferences. Click Use custom skin and click Choose option. Select the skin you have downloaded from the Downloads or where the file is downloaded to. After selecting the file, click Save to change the skin of your VLC player.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.