Google News is an excellent way to stay updated with the things happening around you. It displays the latest news related to politics, entertainment, sports, technology, and many more categories. If you’re a smartphone user (iOS or Android), you can download the standalone app from the respective app store. PC users can access the Google News web version to read the latest news. To reduce eye strains, Google News supports dark mode for users who want to use Google News in low light conditions. In this tutorial, we will see the ways to Google News dark mode on different platforms.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google News (Android)
Step 1: Launch the Google News app.
Step 2: By default, Google News will use the device’s Google account to sign in.
Step 3: Tap your profile icon on the top right corner.
Step 4: Select Settings.
Step 5: Under the General section, click the menu which labelled as Dark theme.
Step 6: Tap Always.
Step 7: The dark mode will be enabled on Google News.
- Configure Google News to use system theme (launch the app -> click the profile icon -> select Settings -> click Dark Theme -> select System default).
- Enable dark theme on your Android device ( device settings -> click Display & brightness -> tap on Theme -> select Dark Theme).
- Now, open the Google News app, and the night mode will be enabled automatically.
Related: How to enable dark mode on Google Play Store?
How to Turn On Dark Theme on Google News (iPhone & iPad)
Unlike Android, you can’t find a built-in option on iOS devices. Instead, you can change the iOS settings to use the dark theme on Google News.
Step 1: Open Settings on your iOS device.
Step 2: Scroll down and select Display & Brightness.
Step 3: Under the Appearance section, select the Dark theme.
Step 4: Now, open the Google News app and the theme of the app will be changed to night mode automatically.
How to Enable Night Mode on Google News (Web Version)
As we mentioned earlier, you can also access Google News using the web browser. Like iOS devices, the web version doesn’t have a built-in option for dark mode. So, you need to rely on third-party extensions.
Here, we are using an extension called Dark Theme for Google News. It is available for Chrome and Firefox browsers. Visit the browser store to add this extension. Once added, visit the web version of Google News (news.google.com). The theme of Google News will darken automatically.
These are the steps required to enable night mode on Google News. Facing trouble while following this guide, feel free to use mention it in the comments section. Meanwhile, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more useful guides.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Schedule Instagram Posts for Free | Instagram Scheduler
- isdone.dll Error While Installing Far Cry 5 on PC
- 5 Classroom Management Tips to Enhance Student Communication
- Effective VLC Media Player Shortcuts and Hotkeys
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams
- How to Mirror iPhone/iPad on Apple TV?
- How to Hide Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Change Reddit Username & Display Name 
- How to Cancel Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription 
- How to Find IMEI on Android [Two Easy Ways]
Apps1 month ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV5 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [June 2020]
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
FireStick10 months ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android5 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [June 2020]
How to6 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android5 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows 
How to6 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes