AirPods are the costliest earbuds with advanced features like Noise Cancellation, Transparency, etc. You can connect AirPods to Mac, iPhone, and iPad. After a period of time, all smart devices, including AirPods, do not work as intended. You will face several issues in charging, pairing, etc. These problems are common, and you can easily resolve them by resetting your AirPods. You can also reset your AirPods when you plan to sell the device to somebody else. Resetting is the best troubleshooting technique that helps you to solve all sorts of issues on your AirPods.
How to Reset AirPods and AirPods Pro
You can refer to the below steps to reset AirPods 2nd Generation, AirPods 3rd Generation, and AirPods Pro.
(1) First, put the AirPods in the case and close the case lid.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
(2) Wait for 30 seconds and open the case lid to pair the AirPods with your iPhone or iPad.
(3) Unlock your iPhone and open the Settings app. Then, navigate to the Bluetooth option.
(4) Look for your AirPods under the MY DEVICES section and hit the Info icon next to it.
(5) Now, tap Forget this device and confirm the process by selecting the option Forget Device on the pop-up menu.
(6) To reset the device, open the lid of the case and press the Setup button placed on the back of the case for 15-25 seconds. You need to press the Setup button until the status light flashes amber to white.
(7) With the case lid open, place the AirPods near your iOS or Mac device and follow the on-screen prompts to pair it.
Also, check out our guide on how to reset Beats Solo 3 Headphones.
How to Reset AirPods Max
(1) Long press the Noise cancellation button and the Digital crown button for 20 seconds. You can find these two buttons at the top.
(2) The status light on the AirPods Max will flash amber to white. This indicates that the AirPods Max has been reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes you cannot reset your AirPods because of the dirt present inside the case or on the AirPods. To get rid of this issue, you must clean it with a Q-tip. If the problem persists, contact Apple Support for more assistance.
Yes, you can reset Air Pods with an Android phone.
☆ Remove the AirPods from your iCloud account.
☆ Then, reset the device by pressing the Setup button until the light flashes amber to white.
Navigate to the iCloud website → Sign in → Tap Find iPhone → Select All Devices → Click AirPods → Tap Remove This Device to remove AirPods from iCloud.
No. You cannot track an AirPods after resetting the device.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.