Instagram, which Facebook bought in 2012, has now become a part of daily life. Instagram has become a place for all activities like small businesses, large businesses, bloggers, influencers, celebrities, photographers, news organizations, cultural institutions, etc. With Instagram, people can post their photos, and videos, share reels, stories, IGTVs, and more. In this article, let us explore how to archive Instagram posts, videos, chats, and reels.
What Does Archive on Instagram mean?
With the Instagram archive, you can see old photos, videos, and reels, which the rest of the world doesn’t know that they exist. Instagram archive stores both stories and posts. While you have to archive posts manually, you can automatically add your Instagram stories to the archive section after 24 hours by changing the settings.
How to Archive Instagram Posts
2. Tap the photos you want to Archive.
3. Select the three-dot on the upper right corner of your post.
4. Choose Archive.
5. Your photo will be Disappeared from the profile.
If you are using it during the night, you can turn on Instagram Dark Mode, to protect your eyes from the harmful rays.
How to Archive Instagram Posts all at Once
Instagram doesn’t allow you to Archive mass posts, you have to archive them one by one. However, you can archive consecutive posts using third-party apps on your mobile phone or PC.
1. Install the Click Assistant- Auto Clicker app from the Google Play Store on your device. (If you are an iOS user, install the Web Macro Bot: Record & Replay app.
2. Hit the Start Service button to access the auto clicker tools.
3. Now, go to Instagram and select the posts that you wish to mass archive.
4. Click the circle tool from the toolbar and click Archive.
5. The recording will start and repeat to the archive post. So pause the video once you are done, or else all the posts will be deleted.
How to Find and Restore Archived posts on Instagram
Have you changed your mind about the posts you archived on Instagram? Then, follow these steps to unarchive them.
1. Launch the Instagram app and navigate to your profile.
2. Tap the Menu in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap Archive.
4. Choose the Photo you want to return to your Instagram profile.
5. Tap the three dots in the corner of the post.
6. Tap Show on Profile. The post will go back to its original location in your Instagram feed.
How to Archive Instagram Videos?
1. Open Instagram and choose Profile picture at the bottom of your Insta home screen.
2. Tap the video that you like to Archive.
3. Select the three dots on the top of the post.
4. Choose Archive.
5. Your video will be disappeared from the Profile grid.
How to Archive Instagram Chats
There is no direct method to archive the chats. But you can download all of your Instagram conversations by following the steps below.
1. Open Instagram and go to Profile Screen.
2. Tap the Three-line icon and select Settings.
3. Now, select Security and choose Download Data.
4. Enter your E-mail address and Password.
5. Finally, press your Request Download.
Likewise, you can clear your search history on Instagram from your PC or smartphone.
How to Archive Instagram Reels
The is no feature to archive Instagram Reels, but you can download your favorite reels by following the steps below.
1. Go to the Instagram app on your Smartphone.
2. Play any Instagram Reels.
3. Click on the Three Horizontal Dots icon from the lower right corner below the Send button.
4. Select the Copy Link option.
5. Now, visit the URL https://igram.io/ on a web browser.
6. Paste the Instagram Reels on the respective box.
7. Tap on the Download button.
8. Now, the Reels video will start to download.
9. Finally, you can save your favorite Reels video on your Smartphone.
With this Instagram archive option, you can hide the photos, videos, reels, stories, and IGTVs from the profile grid instead of deleting them permanently. You can unarchive them anytime to appear on your profile grid at any time. You can easily schedule posts on Instagram using Instagram Scheduler for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
The archive is the best Instagram hack or feature that you can use to hide the posts shared by you from other Instagram Users.
Yes, you are the only person who can view the photos that are archived by you.
You can use a third-party app to archive all the posts on Instagram.
Tap on the hamburger menu from the lower right corner of the Instagram app. Then, select the Archive option. Now, you can view the archived photos on Instagram.
Archive posts will be hidden from your profile, and they cant be viewed by your friends or followers.
Unfortunately, No. But you can temporarily delete your Instagram account to hide it.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV
- How to Find Your Archived Messages on Messenger