The common question asked by Apple users is how old my iPhone device is. If you are planning to buy or sell an iPhone, you should definitely know the manufacturing date and the age on your iPhone. With that, you can determine the price comparatively, predict the price before buying and selling. This guide will help you to know the age of your iPhone in different methods.
Three Different Ways to Find the Age of Your iPhone
- Using Apple’s Check Coverage
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
- By Serial Number
How Old is My iPhone: Apple’s check coverage
(1) On your iOS device, visit the Apple’s Check Coverage website.
(2) On the website, you will be asked to enter the Serial number in a dialog box and enter the CAPTCHA, tap Continue. To get the serial number, go to Settings –> General –> About –> Serial Number.
(3) Now, you will be able to see the details of your iOS device, along with repairs and services.
In this way, you will get to only the iPhone’s purchase date that too within one year. If your iPhone is more than one year old, this method is invalid.
How Old is My iPhone: Chipmunk Klantenservice
(1) On your iOS device, visit the Chipmunk Klantenservice website.
(2) On the webpage, you will be asked to enter your Serial number in a dialog box and tap the Show the information button.
(3) Now, you will get a detailed report of your iOS device.
(4) With the Production year and Production week, you can easily calculate the age on your iPhone.
If you have any issues while using the Safari browser on your iPhone, try to clear cache on iPhone and try again.
How Old is My iPhone: By Serial number
Serial numbers are nothing but a combination of alphabets and numbers, which reflects the Date, Time, Place, and Model number of your phone. Focus on the 4th digit of your serial number. Check the below chart to identify the manufacturing year of your device.
K – First Half of 2013
L – Second Half of 2013
M – First Half of 2014
N – Second Half of 2014
P- First Half of 2015
Q- Second Half of 2015
R- First Half of 2016
S- Second Half of 2016
T- First Half of 2017
V- Second Half of 2017
W- First Half of 2018
X- Second Half of 2018
Y- First Half of 2019
Z – Second Half of 2019
D – Second Half of 2020
These are the three different ways in which you can find your iPhone’s age. Out of three, Apple’s Check Coverage is valid only for less than one-year-old iPhones. To get the exact age of your iPhone, go for the Chipmunk Klantenservice method. With the serial numbers, you can’t decipher the production year for beyond Z.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail