Apple iPhones are one of the most secure smartphones ever. You can add an extra layer of security to your device by adding a passcode. Even though the latest version of iPhones comes with advanced Face ID or Touch ID as the main way to unlock the device, you need to set a passcode as a backup option. Creating a strong passcode is essential as others may be able to get your personal data with ease. Likewise, you also have to change the passcode at regular intervals for security measures. The following section will show the necessary procedure to change the passcode on iPhone.
How to Change Passcode on iPhone
The following procedures will help you to change the passcode in all iPhone models. Make sure to update your iPhone to the latest version for all the latest features.
Related Guide: Simple guide to check how old is my iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to click on Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode.
3. Enter the current passcode using the on-screen keys.
4. Scroll down to the bottom to click on Change Passcode.
5. Now, you have to re-enter your old passcode once again.
6. Provide a new & secured passcode and verify it to confirm the changes.
iPhone uses the six-digit code as the default passcode option. In order to change it, you must click on the Passcode Options link.
Choose between Custom Alphanumeric Code, Custom Numeric Code, and 4-Digit Numeric Code.
In case if you forget your passcode, you need to reset your iPhone passcode by using iTunes or iCloud or restoring the device from recovery mode.
Related tutorial: How to Unlock iPhone With Apple Watch
If you consider being secured with your digital data on iPhone, you shall change the passcode. It is better to change the passcode at a regular interval so that others will not be able to access your iPhone. In this current world, we are having a lot of issues due to the advancement in technology and other technical problems. Your privacy is in your hands. To protect your privacy, you must change your passcode at regular intervals.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get Kodi on LG Smart TV [All Possible Ways]
- How to Enable and Use AirPlay on LG Smart TV
- How to Cast Zoom Meetings on Roku TV
- How to Get Now TV on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Setup Stremio on Android Device
- How to Download Apps on Sharp Smart TV [3 Ways]
- How to Update Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- Live NetTV Apk – Installation Guide for Android Mobiles/Tablets
- How to Install Dofu Sports Live Stream on Firestick
- How to Install and Stream IPTV on JVC Smart TV