The Apple ID connects multiple devices of the same user to share data and information amongst the devices. It is a handy option that allows the devices to sync shared information and data easier to access from any device connected to the same Apple ID. But this super reliable feature can become overbearing when one of the devices is used by friends or family members. Especially when your iPad gets access to the messages and data from your iPhone, therefore compromising your privacy. You can stop this from happening by disconnecting your iPhone from your iPad or vice versa. In this article, we will go through two easy ways on how to disconnect the iPhone from the iPad.
How to Disconnect iPhone from iPad
Disconnecting the iPad from iPhone refers to removing the device from the Apple ID. The below section guides you with the procedure in two possible ways.
Disconnect iPhone from Apple ID Using iPad
1. Open the Settings app from the Apps section on your iPad.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Tap your Account Name at the bottom of the screen.
3. Next, tap on the iTunes & App Store option.
4. Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
5. Then, tap on the View Apple ID. If prompted, enter your Apple ID Password.
6. Tap on the Remove This Device. It will disconnect your iPad from your Apple ID therefore from your iPhone.
Disconnect the Apple ID iPhone from iPad using Hand Off Feature
If you don’t want to remove the Apple ID from your iPad but want to remove it from the iPhone, you can follow the steps below.
1. Hit the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Handoff option.
4. Turn off the Handoff button.
It will stop your iPhone from sharing information and messages with your iPad.
That’s it, folks. That is how you Disconnect iPhone from the iPad. If you are looking to remove the Apple ID of your iPhone from your iPad, you can go with these methods from this article. If you don’t want to remove the device from the Apple ID, the second method is the best choice.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.