Everyone wants to keep at least one or two apps secret from friends and family. Some users wish to hide the apps to reduce distractions and improve productivity. Whatever may be the reason, hiding the apps is the best way to keep the application safe and private. iPhone doesn’t have a dedicated option to hide apps. But there are some possible ways to hide the apps on your iOS device. You can hide apps on your iOS device by removing the app from the home screen, creating folders, removing the entire apps page, and hiding the app from search results or purchase history.
How to Hide Apps from iPhone Home Screen
(1) Unlock your iPhone and long-press the app you want to hide.
(2) From the app drop-down menu, select Remove App.
(3) Tap the option Remove from Home Screen to hide the app from your Home screen.
(4) The app will be hidden from the home screen, and you can access that app from your App Library.
How to Hide the Entire Apps Page on iPhone
(1) Tap and hold any part of your home screen for 2-3 seconds until the page enters edit mode.
(2) Click on the vertical or Page dots icon at the bottom.
(4) Unselect the checkbox placed below the apps page you wish to hide.
(4) Finally, tap Done to hide the entire apps page.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone using Folders
(1) Tap and hold an app for 2-3 seconds.
(2) Drag and place the app on other apps to create a folder.
(3) The folder will be named automatically. You can also manually rename the folder.
(4) Open the folder and drag the app towards the right to place the app on the next page of the folder.
Note: You can create up to 12 pages in the same folder.
How to Hide Apps from the Search Results on iPhone
(1) Launch Settings on your iPhone.
(2) Tap the name of the app you intend to hide.
(3) Tap the option Siri & Search.
(4) Disable the option Show App in Search to hide the app from the search results.
(5) You can disable the option Suggest App and Suggestions Notification to hide the apps from Siri suggestions.
How to Hide the Apps from iPhone Purchase History
(1) Launch the App Store application on your iPhone.
(2) Hit the Profile icon at the top right corner.
(3) Tap the option Purchased to view your purchased apps.
(4) Select an app and swipe it towards the left.
(5) Click on the Hide option to hide the apps from your purchase history.
(6) Finally, tap Done to end the process.
Other iPhone Guides:
- How to Crop a Picture on Your iPhone.
- How to Add Someone to a Group Text on iPhone.
- How to Clear Cache on iPhone.
- How to Change Passcode on iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can hide the apps on your iOS device.
You can hide the apps on your iPhone by creating folders.
You can easily find the hidden apps under the Apps library.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Add and Activate TSN on Roku
- How to Add Apps on Hisense Smart TV [All Models]
- How to Install and Activate Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV
- How to Add Apps on Toshiba Smart TV [4 Ways]
- How to Get and Activate Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
- Finding New Trends On Tiktok. How Difficult It is?
- How to Install and Watch beIN Sports on Firestick
- How to Add and Watch ITV Hub (ITVX) on Roku
- How to Chromecast ITV Hub (ITVX) on Your TV
- How to Install and Activate BBC iPlayer on Apple TV