As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to increase day by day, everyone has been advised to wear masks in order to slow down the virus. It has caused a dilemma for iPhone users who are reliant to unlock their devices. While wearing a mask, the Face ID system on the iPhone will ask the user to remove the obstruction in order to scan the face. Hence, iPhone owners have only two options:
- remove the mask and scan the face (risk infection)
- disable the Face ID
Even though iPhone users can unlock their device six-digit passcode, using Face ID is the easiest process to unlock the device. Hence, the students at the Xuanwu Lab have find a way to unlock the iPhone with Face ID while wearing the prevention mask.
Related: How to Clear Cache on iPhone?
Unlock iPhone with Face ID While Wearing a Mask
First of all, wear the mask from the tip of your nose and then follow these steps.
Step 1: Open Settings and scroll down to select Face ID & Passcode menu.
Step 2: Enter you device passcode and select Set Up Alternative Appearance.
Step 3: Click the Get Started menu.
Step 4: Cover your one-side of the face with the mask and scan the other side.
Step 5: On the second scan, repeat the same process by covering the other side of the face.
Step 6: Click Done.
That’s it. Now, you can unlock your iPhone with the Face ID system while wearing the mask. If the device fails to recognize your face, repeat the same steps. It may require multiple attempts to get this to work.
Thank you for visiting techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below. Follow Techfollows on Facebook and Twitter for more useful guide related to iPhone and iPad.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch UKTV Play Kodi Addon
- How to Install Brit Flix Kodi Addon 
- How Secure Is Your Data If Your Laptop Is Stolen?
- How to Install and Stream Sky Go on Android TV
- How to Install and Use Kaspersky VPN for Firestick 
- How to Chromecast Tiktok Videos to TV 
- How to Install AllCast for Fire TV/Firestick
- How to Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon Prime 
- Is Bitcoin Mining A Stable Business Model?
- Let’s Have A Look At The Positive Aspects Of Bitcoins!