Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) is an affordable option to watch live TV and other on-demand videos. All you need to have is a stable internet connection. If you are a Sony Smart TV user, you can install the IPTV Player app from the Play Store and stream all the IPTV video content. Some IPTV Providers offer only the M3U Playlists to stream the video content. Some IPTV Providers offer Xtream Codes API. Based on your IPTV Provider subscription, choose an IPTV Player.
Sony Smart TV brand runs on Android TV OS and Google TV OS. As both OSes are integrated with the Play Store, you can install any IPTV player app easily. In addition, Sony TV also supports sideloading the IPTV apps using Downloader.
How to Download IPTV on Sony Android TV
Many IPTV apps are officially available in the Play Store. We are using Televizio IPTV Player. You can choose any media player from the Play Store.
(1) Turn On your Sony TV and navigate to the Apps section.
(2) Locate and launch the Play Store application on your TV.
(3) Search for Televizo IPTV Player and select the app from the search suggestions list.
(4) Click the Install button to download the IPTV app on Sony Android TV.
How to Get IPTV on Sony Google TV
(1) Turn On your Sony Google TV and tap Apps in the menu bar.
(2) Select the option Search for apps and type Smart IPTV in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
(3) Tap the Smart IPTV app from the search suggestions.
(4) On the app description page, hit the Install button to download the app on Sony Google TV.
Alternative Way to Add IPTV Apps on Sony Smart TV
If the application is unavailable on the Play Store, you can sideload the IPTV application on your Sony TV using Downloader. Before installing the app, enable the Unknown Sources option to install third-party apps on Sony Smart TV. To do it,
Go to Settings → Click Device Preferences → Tap Security and Restrictions → Enable Unknown sources.
(1) Go to the Play Store on your Sony TV.
(2) Search for the Downloader app and install it on your TV.
(3) Launch the Downloader app after installation.
(4) Enter the APK link of Televizo IPTV Player (https://tinyurl.com/384f7jbc).
(5) Tap Go and follow the on-screen instructions to install the application on your Sony TV. Using the Downloader app, you can install the Kodi app on your Sony TV.
How to Activate Televizo IPTV on Sony Smart TV
After installing the app on Sony Android TV or Sony Google TV, you must activate it to stream the IPTV content.
(1) Go to Settings on your Sony TV and select the option Network & Internet.
(2) Tap the Wi-Fi network and click Privacy.
(3) Then, select Use device MAC.
(4) Launch the Televizo IPTV Player app on your Sony Smart TV.
(5) Tap the Create Playlist option.
(6) Now, enter the M3U link of your IPTV provider.
(7) For a few minutes, the IPTV content will load. Then, choose a live TV channel and stream it on your TV.
How to Use Televizo IPTV Player on Sony TV
Though the Televizo IPTV Player is available for free, it has some premium features and user preference options.
(1) When streaming a live TV channel, tap the Heart icon to add the channel to your Favorites list. With this, you can easily access the channels easily.
(2) If you want to block some channels, tap and hold the OK button on the specific channel. Then, tap the Block Channel option.
(3) Based on your preference, you can list the channels in List View, Grid View, Content View, and more.
(4) If you want to multitask on your Android TV, you can turn on the PIP Mode on Televizo Player and open other apps in the main window.
(5) In the Settings menu, you can customize the IPTV Player based on your preference.
(6) Apart from streaming IPTV content, you can also use the player to watch local files on your Sony TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, popular IPTV Players like XCIPTV, IPTV Smarters, and GSE SMART IPTV are available on the Play Store for Android smartphones and TVs. You can install the app from the Play Store on your Sony Smart TV.
It is difficult to find whether an IPTV service is legal or not. Nowadays, more than 95% of IPTV Providers are illegal. So, use a VPN on your device before streaming IPTV content.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Vision IPTV: Watch 8500+ Channels and 85,000+ Video On Demand for $7.22
- How to Watch UEFA Champions League 2023-24 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Reset Samsung Smart TV Remote for All Models
- How to Watch LaLiga on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream LaLiga on LG Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Stream NFL Game Pass on Chromecast
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch MLB 2023 [Major League Baseball] on Roku