- Using PC: Open VLC → Go to Media → Choose Open Network Stream → Enter IPTV Link → Click the Play button.
- Using Smartphone: Open VLC → Go to More (Android) or Network Stream (iOS) → Enter IPTV URL → Click the Stream button.
The major drawback in subscribing to IPTV is that most of them won’t offer a built-in video player. To tackle this issue, I always use the VLC Media Player app to stream IPTV content. Though the VLC Media Player does not offer any advanced IPTV Player-like features, it can be a handy IPTV Media Player.
If you are a VLC Media Player user, here’s your curated guide to streaming IPTV videos.
How to Setup IPTV on VLC
1. First, download and install the VLC Media Player app on your device from the website.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Once the installation is completed, open the VLC app.
3. Click the Media option located on the top of the VLC player.
4. Tap the Network Stream option on the Media menu.
5. You will get the Open Media window. You can also press the Ctrl + N keyboard shortcut key to launch the Open Media window.
6. On the Network URL field, enter your IPTV provider’s M3U URL and click the Play button.
7. For a few seconds, it will load the content. After that, the video will play on the VLC app.
8. To change the channel or to get the list of available channels, go to View → Playlist. You can also use Ctrl + L key to open the Playlist menu.
9. You will get the list of channels available in the link. Choose the channel and stream it on the VLC Media Player.
How to Change VLC Media Player Settings to Stream IPTV Videos
If the IPTV videos are not streaming in the above method, you need to change the video player settings. To do so,
1. Go to Tools and tap the Preference option. If you want, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P.
2. From the Preference menu, you can see the Show Settings Section in the bottom left corner of the screen and click the ALL radio button.
3. Go to the Input/Codecs option in the left vertical menu bar. Then, set the Network Caching to 3000 ms.
4. Go to Network Settings and click MTU of the network interface. Set it to 1500.
5. Then, go to Video Codecs and choose the Select FFmpeg option. Go to the Hardware Decoding option and disable it.
6. After making all the changes, tap the the Save button.
Now, your VLC Media Player is ready to play IPTV Channels. If you need an IPTV Player with advanced controls, you can try some of the best IPTV Players for Windows.
How to Stream IPTV on VLC Smartphone App
2. On Android, go to More and click the Stream option.
3. For iOS, click Network on the bottom of the screen.
4. Now, enter the IPTV Playlist URL and click the Stream button.
5. The IPTV video will stream on your smartphone.
No, you can’t download the IPTV videos using the VLC Media Player
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.