NOW, formerly called NOW TV, is a UK-based streaming application that mostly comprises Britain TV shows, movies, live sports, and more. With this application, you can stream 1000+ movies and TV shows in different quality formats. The Now TV app is available for all major devices, including Chromebook. Chromebooks are laptops developed by Google Inc. If you are a Chromebook user, you can install the Now TV app from the Play Store. Alternatively, you can watch NOW content by visiting the Now TV website from a browser on your Chromebook.
Note: If you cannot access the NOW service in your region, set up a VPN on your Chromebook and connect the VPN server to the UK region to unblock the geo-restrictions.
How to Get NOW TV on Chromebook
Follow the steps below to install the NOW app on your Chromebook.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Enable Google Play Store on Chromebook
First, you have to enable the Google Play Store to run Android apps on Chromebook. To enable it, refer to the steps below.
1. You can find the Quick Settings Panel in the lower right corner. Click on the Quick Settings Panel.
2. Tap the Settings icon from the Quick Settings Panel.
3. Scroll down and find the Google Play Store section.
4. Click the Turn On button near the Google Play Store option.
5. Final step is to accept the terms and conditions.
Install Now App on Chromebook
Now, you can follow the steps listed below to install the NOW app on your Chromebook.
1. Open the Play Store on your Chromebook and search for the Now app.
2. From the search result, select the NOW app.
3. Click on the Install button.
4. You have successfully installed the NOW app on your Chromebook.
5. Then, launch the NOW app and sign in to your account.
6. Choose your favorite movie or TV show and enjoy watching it on your Chromebook.
Using the same steps, you can install the Sky Go app on your Chromebook.
How to Watch Now TV on Chromebook using Browser
1. Open a web browser on your Chromebook and go to the official website of Now TV.
2. Tap the My Account button exhibited at the top and select Sign in.
3. Type the email ID and password of your Now TV account.
4. Then, click the Sign in button.
5. Once you’re in, play any sports content on the Now TV website and stream it on your Chromebook. Also, check our guide on how to install Now TV on Firestick.
How to Fix NOW TV Not Working on Chromebook
If you have any issues while streaming NOW TV content on your Chromebook, refer to the steps below to fix them.
- Connect the Chromebook to a strong Internet.
- Close and reopen the NOW TV app.
- Reboot your Chromebook.
- Update the ChromeOS to the latest version.
- Update the NOW TV app on your Chromebook.
- Still, if the problem continues, delete the app from Chromebook and reinstall it.
NOW TV: Subscription Plans & Price
Since NOW TV is a subscription-based service, you must purchase a NOW TV pass to access the content in the Now app. You can visit the official website of NOW to get a subscription. You can also cancel the Now TV premium anytime.
There are four different types of subscription packages available.
- Entertainment Pass – £9.99/month.
- Cinema Pass – £9.99/month.
- Sports Pass – £34.99/month.
- Hayu Pass – £4.99/month.
How to Avoid Geo-Restrictions on NOW TV?
The media in the NOW TV app are geo-restricted and available only for UK users. Users outside the UK must need a VPN on their Chromebook to access NOW TV media. If you’re not residing in the UK region, install a VPN on your Chromebook and then access the NOW TV media without any restrictions. There are so many Chromebook VPNs available on the market. We recommend you use ExpressVPN. It will encrypt your online activities and prevents others from tracking your activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install NOW TV from the Play Store.
Yes. You can sideload the NOW APK by enabling the developer mode on your Chromebook.
You can watch NOW content for free by subscribing to the 7-day free trial on NOW TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.