HBO Max is the streaming service that streams all HBO original content, movies, shows, and many more. It is an ad-free platform that provides content in 4k streaming quality. Moreover, you can also download movies offline and stream them later. It not only contains HBO content alone but also provides access to shows and movies from other WarnerMedia brands. HBO Max is compatible with many devices that include PS5.
HBO Max Subscriptions
It is a subscription-based streaming service that comes with two subscription plans. They are
- HBO Max with Ads – $9.99/ month and 99.99/ year.
- HBO Max without Add – $14.99/ month and 149.99/ year.
Along with that, you will also get a 30-day free trial. Moreover, the users of HBO, HBO Now, and HBO Go can watch HBO Max for free. You can also cancel the HBO Max subscription anytime you wish.
How to Install and Stream HBO Max on PS5
Installing HBO Max from PlayStation Store is a very simple process. However, you need to have an HBO Max account to access the content. If you already have an account, sign in to the app with the same account details. If you are a new user, then create a new account. The steps are as follows.
Quick Guide: On the PS5 console, select Media tab > All Apps > Select Search > Search for HBO Max > Select Download > Launch HBO Max.
1) Connect the PlayStation5 to the desired TV screen. Ensure that PlayStation5 has internet or Wi-Fi access.
2) Go to the Media tab in PlayStation5.
3) Select the All Apps icon in the PlayStation5.
4) It displays all the apps available in PlayStation Store. Now, click the Search icon. The search icon is the magnifying glass icon at the top right corner.
5) Type HBO Max and Search for the app.
6) It displays the list of apps. Select the HBO Max app from the results displayed.
7) Select the Download option. Now the app gets downloaded on PlayStation5.This downloading process may take a few minutes.
8) Once the app is installed, the app will appear on the PlayStation5. Now, open the HBO Max app.
9) Go to the Sign-in option. You have to sign in with the TV provider or with the existing HBO account to access HBO Max on TV.
11) Enter the account details of the HBO account and click the Sign-in option. Now HBO Max app opens on the PlayStation5 connected TV.
How to Cast HBO Max on PS5 using Android/ IOS Device
Before heading to the steps, you have to install PS remote Play app on your Android phone/ tablet or iPhone/ iPad from its respective store.
2) Launch the app and log in with your account credentials.
3) Launch the PS Remote Play app and log in with your PS account credentials to connect your phone and PS5 console.
4) Select Settings from the PS5 home page and click System.
5) Select the Remote Play option and turn it on.
6) Under the System panel, select Power Saving and then choose Features Available in Rest Mode option.
7) Now, select the checkboxes near Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from the Network.
8) Play any video on HBO Max and start streaming it on PS5.
Other Compatible Devices
HBO Max is compatible with other devices like
- HBO Max on Apple TV
- HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV
- Get HBO Max on LG Smart TV
- HBO Max on Chromecast
- HBO Max on Firestick
- Stream HBO Max on Roku
Finally, you can stream your favorites on HBO Max on your PlayStation5 connected TV screen. HBO Max’s top picks include Watchmen, Buried, Death Note, IT Chapter 2, Batman, Game of Thrones: The Last Watch, etc.
Yes, you can install and watch HBO Max on PlayStation 5 from the PS Store.
Each account on HBO Max can have up to 5 profiles and you can stream on 3 screens simultaneously.
No, it does not come with Amazon Prime. It is provided for an additional cost.
Connect your PS5 device with a stable internet connection and try again.
HBO Max is compatible with PS4, PS3, Xbox One, etc.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV
- How to Find Your Archived Messages on Messenger