- Install Twitch on PS5: Open Media on your PS5 → click on All Apps → type Twitch on the Search bar → click the Twitch icon to go to the app page → click Download.
- Link and Activate Twitch on PS5: Go to Settings → find Users and Accounts → open Link With Other Services → select Twitch → select Link Account and get the activation code → go to the Twitch activation site twitch.tv/activate → enter the activation code and click Activate.
- Live Stream from Twitch on PS5: Turn on your PS5 → open the game → on the Duelsense controller, press the Create button → select the Broadcast option → select Change Service → select Twitch → change your preferences from Broadcast Options to Go Live → to end the live stream, press the Create button and click Stop Broadcast.
Did you know you could livestream through your PS5? With Twitch by your side, it is absolutely possible. Not sure how to stream Twitch on PS5? That is what we are here for. Let us guide you through the whole process
Twitch is the most popular game streaming service available across multiple streaming devices and gaming consoles like the PlayStation 5. You can install the Twitch app on your PS5 from the PlayStation Store. On the Twitch PS5 app, you can watch live streams of your favorite game streamers. Apart from gaming, you can also watch live music, art, IRL, and more live streams.
If you’re a streamer, you can set up a camera and start live streaming your gameplay to your followers and subscribers using the Twitch app on your PS5. Go through this article to learn how to install, activate, and livestream Twitch on PlayStation 5.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Install Twitch on PS5
While the app is free, there are subscription plans with enhanced features and perks. You can create a free account on Twitch’s official website and go ahead with the subscriptions if you like it there. Their subscription plans start from $4.99/month. Here is how you can install the Twitch app on your PS5.
1. Open the Media tab from your PS home screen
2. Click on All Apps.
3. In the Search bar, type Twitch and hit Search.
4. Click the Twitch icon to go to the app page.
5. Click Download on the app page to install Twitch.
6. Once the installation is over, you can open the app from the app page or your PS5 home screen.
How to Link and Activate Twitch on PlayStation 5
After installing the Twitch app, you should link your Twitch account with your account to activate the app on your console. Follow the steps given below.
1. From the PS5 home page, go to Settings.
2. Within settings, find Users and Accounts and open it.
3. Scroll down and find Link With Other Services and open it.
4. From the given list of apps, select Twitch.
5. Select Link Account and get the activation code.
6. Go to the Twitch activation site twitch.tv/activate.
7. Enter the activation code and click Activate to activate and link your Twitch on PlayStation 5.
How to Live Stream on Twitch on PS5 With Camera
You can live stream your gameplay on PS5 to Twitch with or without a camera. If you want to live stream with a face-cam, you can connect your camera to the USB port and place it facing you. You can also adjust the camera settings on PS5 through Settings → Accessories → Camera. Once you set up your camera, follow the steps below to start your live stream on Twitch on PlayStation 5.
1. Turn on your PS5.
2. Open the game of your choice.
3. On the Duelsense controller, press the Create button (the button next to the directional buttons).
4. From the popup menu on your screen, select the Broadcast option in the bottom right corner.
5. On the second popup menu, you will get the option to Change Service.
6. From Change Service, select Twitch.
7. Change your preferences from Broadcast Options and click Go Live to begin the live stream on Twitch.
8. To end the live stream, press the Create button again and click Stop Broadcast.
How to Screen Mirror Twitch on PS5
You can also screen mirror Twitch to PlayStation 5 from your smartphone. However, since there is no official support for screen mirroring on PS5, you would have to use a third-party website to achieve it. Send the URL of tvee.app from your PS5 to a friend via message and open the website.
Twitch Not Working on Your PS5? Try These Fixes
You might face certain glitches and issues while using Twitch on PlayStation 5. Some of the most common problems are listed below, along with their solutions with which you can try and fix the issues.
|Bad internet connectivity.
|Check your network connectivity and restart your router or connect your PS5 to a better and more reliable network.
|Twitch server down
|Check if Twitch servers are down for maintenance with websites like Downdetector
|Missed updates on Twitch and PS5 system software
|Check if you have any pending updates on your PS5 system software and Twitch app
|Twitch app crashes and black screen issues
|Restart the Twitch app and check if the issue is resolved. If not, restart your PS5 console.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Twitch app is officially available on the PS5. You can install the app on your gaming console, watch live streams, or create your live stream.
It could be because of some glitch. Try to unlink your Twitch account and relink it on your console settings.
You can stream your PS5 on Twitch through your PC using OBS Studio but you do not need a PC to stream Twitch on PlayStation 5.
To add Twitch Overlays to your streams on PlayStation 5, click Settings and select Captures and Broadcasts. Select the Broadcasts options, click Overlays, and add the overlays you want.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.