Plex is a free streaming service that lets you watch 250+ live TV channels, movies, TV shows, sports, news, and more in HD quality. For streaming, Plex has a dedicated app called Plex Media Player, and it can be installed on Firestick directly from the Amazon App Store. Instead, you can also use the native Silk Browser on your Firestick to access the web version of Plex.
Go through this guide to learn how to install and set up Plex on your Firestick.
How to Install Plex App on Firestick
1. Power On your Firestick-connected TV and hit the Find icon.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Tap the Search bar and use the virtual keyboard to type Plex.
3. Select the Plex app from the search results.
4. Hit the Get button on the app info page.
5. Wait for the Plex app to install on your device.
How to Activate Plex on Firestick
After installing the Plex application, you need to activate the app to access the content on your device.
1. Launch the Plex app on your Fire TV.
2. Hit the SIGN IN button on the app’s interface.
3. You will see an alphanumeric code on your Firestick-connected TV screen.
4. Visit www.plex.tv.link from a browser on your mobile or computer.
5. Enter your Plex account credentials and enter the code displayed on the TV. After entering the code, tap Link.
6. Once linked, hit the Not Now button on the subscription page.
7. Select the Continue button.
8. Relaunch the Plex app and stream the Plex videos for free.
Stream Plex on Firestick Using Silk Browser
1. Go to the App Store on Firestick and download the Silk browser app.
2. Launch the Silk browser on your Firestick-connected TV.
3. Navigate to the address bar and enter the URL: www.plex.tv.
4. Hit the Sign In button and log in to your Plex account.
5. Once signed in, play any content on the Plex website and stream it on your TV.
How to Create a Plex Media Server
If you wish to stream the media files on Firestick from your PC, you can create a Plex Media Server on Windows or Mac. On your PC, open any browser and visit the Plex media server website (https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/). Then, download and run the Plex Media Server installer file on your PC. After installation, launch the Plex Media Server app and follow the on-screen prompts to create a Plex Media Server on your PC. Now, open the Plex Media Player app on your Fire TV and stream your desired video on a larger screen.
How to Fix the Plex App Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes, the Plex app cannot play media on Firestick for multiple reasons. The possible reasons could be the poor internet connection, uncleared app cache, temporary bugs on the device, software glitches, and outdated Firestick software. To fix these errors, try the following troubleshooting methods.
- Check the internet connection on your Firestick. If the network is unstable, connect your Firestick device to a stable WiFi network.
- Clear the Plex app on your Firestick.
- Restart your Firestick device to fix the temporary bugs and clear the device cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Plex app on your device.
- Update your Firestick device software to fix the software glitches.
- If none of the above-mentioned fixes worked, reset your Firestick device to its default settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Plex is completely free to download and use. For the enhanced streaming experience on Plex, you can subscribe to Plex Pass on its official website. The subscription price is $4.99 per month, $39.99 per year, and $119.99 for lifetime.
Yes. You can sideload the Plex app on Firestick using Downloader.
Alternatively, you can install Emby on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.