Plex is a popular media server which lets you stream your favorite media on various devices. Along with streaming, it also organizes your personal files with the perfect artwork, metadata, and other details. Plex has the greater ability to analyze and find the information your media files. In this article, we will show how to enable Subtitles support on Plex. By enabling subtitles, you can watch the movies and TV shows that aren’t available in your mother tongue. It also comes handy when the streamed media had poor audio quality.
Related: How to enable Subtitles on Kodi?
Enable Subtitles Support on Plex
First of all, you have to enable subtitles support before configuring the third party source. For that, go to the server settings and select the Languages tab. Now, select your language in the “Prefer audio tracks in” box and make sure that subtitle mode is Always enabled. After configuring those details, click Save Changes and return to the home page.
Configure OpenSubtitles.org to Turn on Subtitles
After enabling the subtitles support, you need to configure OpenSubtitles.org source on Plex to get the subtitles while playing the movies and TV shows. You can also use other third-party sources to get subtitles.
- On the Settings page, click Agents.
- Select Movies -> Plex Movie.
- Locate the OpenSubtitles.org source and drag it to top of the list.
- Click the gear icon located next to the OpenSubtitles.org source.
- Enter your OpenSubtitles.org Username and password.
Select your Subtitle language and click Save.
For TV Shows:
- Select Agents -> Shows -> TheTVDB.
- Drag the OpenSubtitles.org source to the top of the list.
- Click the gear icon and enter your OpenSubtitles.org login credentials.
- Select your preferred language and click Save.
Refresh your Library
After configuring the settings, refresh your library to add subtitles to your media library.
- Select all the libraries and click the setting icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Refresh All.
- It will take some time to add subtitles to all your existing media files.
- After refreshing the media, select the movie or TV show that you want to watch.
Related: How to Install Samurai Build on Kodi (2019)
This is how you have to enable subtitles support on Plex. You can also install the sub-zero plugin to get the subtitles for your media automatically. But OpenSubtitles.org is the best way to get subtitles on Plex media server and Kodi.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch Stremio Movies on PS4?
- How to Chromecast DAZN App to Smart TV 
- How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV 
- How to Reset Chromebook to Factory Settings? (Powerwash Chromebook)
- How to Install and Setup Live NetTV for PC 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
- How to Find Your Apple Watch using iPhone 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV on Apple TV? 
- How to Install UnlockMyTTV APK on Firestick / Fire TV 
- How to Chromecast YouTube Music 
Apps2 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [February 2020]
FireStick2 months ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
How to11 months ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV? [Updated 2019]
Android3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [February 2020]
How to4 days ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
How to11 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV on Samsung Smart TV?
Chromecast4 weeks ago
How to Cast IPTV on Chromecast Connected TV