Popcorn Time is a free streaming app that offers thousands of on-demand movies, series, and TV Shows. The Popcorn Time app is not available on the Amazon App Store. For Fire TV and Firestick, you need to sideload the Popcorn Time app using its APK file. To sideload apps on Firestick, you need to use third-party installers like Downloader or ES File Explorer (Premium).
Apart from sideloading, you can also screen mirror the app to your Firestick using the smartphone. Let’s see the different ways to get the Popcorn Time app and how to use it on Amazon Fire TV Stick devices.
Governments and ISPs around the world are monitoring their users’ online activities. If they find anyone streaming copyrighted media content on their Amazon Fire TV Stick, they will get into serious trouble. Hence it is safe to use the best VPNs on FireStick to hide your identity when accessing copyrighted content. We recommend you use ExpressVPN as it is the most secure VPN globally, and it is very easy to install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick).
How to Sideload Popcorn Time on Firestick
1. Install the Downloader app on Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
2. To download the APKs from Downloader, you need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources. Click the Settings icon.
3. Tap the My Fire TV option.
4. On the next screen, tap Developer Options.
5. Turn on the Install Unknown Apps feature.
6. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
7. Then, open the Downloader app and tap the Allow button to give the necessary permissions.
8. Type the URL (bit.ly/3Eb15Pf) and tap GO.
9. Wait for the Downloader app to download the APK file on your Firestick.
10. Once the downloading is finished, you will be displayed with the installation tab. Click the Next button.
11. Tap Install to start the installation process.
12. Wait for Popcorn Time to get installed.
13. Once the installation is finished, click Open to launch the Popcorn Time app.
Alternate Way to Get Popcorn Time on Fire TV
Apart from Downloader, you can also use the ES File Explorer app on your Fire TV Stick to get the Popcorn Time app. But to sideload apps using ES File Explorer, you need to get the premium version, which costs $9.99 per month.
1. Launch the ES File Explorer on your Firestick.
2. Enter the ES File Explorer home and click on the +New button at the bottom of the screen.
3. It will display a dialogue box with two text fields.
4. On the Path field, enter the Popcorn Time URL (bit.ly/3Eb15Pf).
5. Enter any name as PT or Popcorn Time on the Name field and click Download Now.
6. After the downloading completes, click Open file.
7. Tap Install and click on the Next button.
8. Select Install on the next page.
9. Click Open to launch the Popcorn Time app on your Firestick.
How to Use Popcorn Time on Firestick
1. When you open the app for the first time, you will see the Share this app prompt. You can close the prompt or click the Share button to share the app with your friends.
2. You will get the home screen. Here, you will get a list of popular movies and series. Choose a video title and play them on your Firestick.
3. If you want to search for a particular title, click the Hamburger icon and click the Search option.
4. To get TV shows alone, click the TV Shows button on the Navigation menu.
5. To manage your favorites, click the Favorites option.
6. If you want to change the video quality, language, and subtitle, click the Settings option and customize all the options.
7. Open the Downloads folder to see the list of downloaded movies and TV shows.
8. Click the Back button on the Fire TV remote from the home screen to close the app.
How to Screen Mirror Popcorn Time on Firestick
If you don’t want to sideload APK files on Firestick, you can screen mirror the Popcorn Time from your smartphone.
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Firestick to the same WiFi network.
2. Hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote to open the Quick Access menu.
3. Tap the Mirroring feature to enable the Screen Mirroring on Firestick.
4. Now, your Fire TV will display the mirroring screen.
5. Then, install the Popcorn Time app on your Android smartphone.
6. On your Android smartphone, tap the Cast icon from the Notification Panel and choose Fire TV Stick or the name of your Firestick.
7. Open the Popcorn Time app and play any video content. It will appear on your Fire TV Stick.
Using the Popcorn Time app, you can stream popular and latest TV shows, movies, and anime. By installing Popcorn Time on Firestick, you can enjoy the videos on Smart TV. Don’t forget to use a good VPN service on Firestick while streaming video content on Popcorn Time. We recommend NordVPN for the best protection.
No, the Popcorn Time app is not available for Firestick and Fire TVs. You need to sideload the app using third-party installers.
As the app isn’t directly available, you have to delete the Popcorn Time app and install the latest version of the app from the Downloader using the updated link.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Vision IPTV: Watch 8500+ Channels and 85,000+ Video On Demand for $7.22
- How to Watch UEFA Champions League 2023-24 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Reset Samsung Smart TV Remote for All Models
- How to Watch LaLiga on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream LaLiga on LG Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Stream NFL Game Pass on Chromecast
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch MLB 2023 [Major League Baseball] on Roku