If you love watching movies/TV shows, then you would be familiar with the Popcorn Time app. It is a free alternative to subscription-based video streaming services, and it hosts a huge amount of media to stream. The added advantage of Popcorn Time is that you can install this app on any streaming device like Firestick, Roku, etc. Stream Popcorn Time videos on Smart TV to get an immersive cinematic experience. Recently, Popcorn Time has been officially shut down. But, you can install the application on any Smart TV by using the Popcorn Time apk file. Are you trying to figure out how to install Popcorn Time on Smart TV? This article covers the installation of Popcorn Time on Smart TV.
How to Install Popcorn Time on Smart TV (Android OS)
Since most Smart TVs use the Android-based operating system, you can install Popcorn Time easily. Also, Popcorn Time’s official app is unavailable in the Google Play Store, so you have to sideload the Popcorn Time app on your TV.
1. Select the Apps tab from the home screen of your Android TV.
2. Then, select the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
4. Choose the Downloader app from the search result.
5. Select the Install button to install the Downloader app.
6. Now, you have installed the downloader app on your Android TV.
7. Now, go back to the home screen and select Settings.
8. Scroll down and select Security and Restrictions.
9. Choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
10. Next, launch the Downloader app and permit access to it.
11. Enter the URL of the Popcorn Time APK file in the URL box.
12. Next, click on the Go button.
13. Now, the Popcorn Time APK File will start to download.
14. Then, click on the Install button after the APK File is downloaded.
15. Now, you have installed Popcorn Time on your Android TV.
16. Launch the Popcorn Time app and enjoy streaming your favorite content on Android TV.
How to Screen Mirror Popcorn Time to Smart TV
Certain smart TVs like Vizio Smart TV and LG Smart TV won’t allow you to install applications from unknown sources. But, you can use the casting option to mirror Popcorn Time to your TV. Before following the steps given below, make sure to enable the Screen Mirroring option on your Smart TV. If your Smart TV doesn’t have cast support, use Chromecast to cast Popcorn Time.
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, go to Settings on your Android Smartphone.
2. Select Security >> Enable Unknown Sources.
3. Next, open the Chrome browser on your Android Smartphone.
4. Search and download the Popcorn Time APK file from an apk website.
5. Go to the Downloads section and tap on the APK File to install it.
6. Next, select Cast from the Notification Panel and select your Smart TV.
7. Now, launch the Popcorn Time app on your Android Smartphone.
8. Play any movies or TV shows to watch on your Smart TV.
Alternate Method to Get Popcorn Time on Smart TV
- Download the Popcorn Time APK file on your PC and transfer the file to a USB drive.
- Enable Unknown Sources on Smart TV settings.
1. Plug the USB drive into the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
2. Navigate to the USB drive section and tap the apk file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application on Smart TV.
4. After installation, launch the app on Smart TV and stream your favorite movie or TV show.
Why Do You Need a VPN?
Whenever you want to stream anything on Popcorn Time, you will receive a notification stating that you just need a VPN service to safeguard your identity. Select the best VPN for Popcorn Time and use it on your TV to safeguard your identity from ISPs and online hackers. We recommend you use ExpressVPN to protect your identity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get Popcorn Time on SmartTV.
You can use the Downloader app to download and install the Popcorn Time app on SmartTV.
No. The popcorn Time platform contains copyrighted content illegally.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail