Animal Planet is a popular American TV channel owned by Discovery, Inc. The TV channel has spent over two decades entertaining viewers with its exclusive documentaries, docuseries, and reality series. Animal Planet educates us by telling us how animals live in the wild and how they survive. It also tells us under what conditions the animals thrive in the wild. Animal Planet GO app is available on the Roku Channel Store to install on Roku and stream the shows.
Animal Planet GO app airs both family-oriented shows and mature programs. The content for the mature program focuses on the behavior of predatory animals. It also increased its investment in reality programs. These programs explore people involved in animal-based occupations and investigations.
- The Animal Planet GO app can start from where you left off in the videos.
- You can stream live TV by connecting with a TV provider subscription.
- It could save shows and episodes for offline streaming.
- The contents are organized into genres to access easily.
- The app has My List to add the contents for streaming anytime.
How to Add Animal Planet on Roku
On Roku, Select Home > Select Streaming Channels > Select Search Channels > Browse for Animal Planet > Click on the app > Select Add Channel > Click Ok to confirm.
(1) Start your Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Select Streaming Channels and choose Search Channels.
(3) Enter Animal Planet in the search bar and choose the Animal Planet GO app.
(4) Select Add channel to add Animal Planet GO on Rou.
(5) Select OK to confirm. You can now stream Animal Planet on Roku.
How to Add Animal Planet using Roku Website
(1) Launch the browser on the PC and visit Roku Channel Store.
(2) Select Sign in and enter your Roku account details.
(3) Type Animal Planet on Search channels and select the Animal Planet GO app from the list of suggestions.
(4) Choose Add channel to add Animal Planet GO on Roku.
How to Activate Animal Planet GO App
(1) Select the Animal Planet GO app on your Roku device.
(2) A unique code will appear on the screen.
(3) Visit the Animal Planet Activation site (https://auth.animalplanet.com/link) from your PC or Smartphone using the browser.
(4) Enter the Activation code on the given field and select Link TV Provider.
(5) Choose your TV provider.
(6) Enter your TV provider account details and click on Sign In.
Alternate Method to Mirror Animal Planet to Roku
The alternative way to stream Animal Planet on Roku is by screen mirroring from a smartphone. You have to connect your Roku device and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
(1) Press Home on your Roku device.
(2) Select Settings and choose System.
(3) Choose Screen mirroring and select Screen mirroring mode.
(4) Select either Prompt or Always allow to enable screen mirroring on Roku.
(5) Turn on your Smartphone and go to the Notification panel.
(6) Select Cast or Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Roku device from the list to mirror the smartphone screen.
(8) Select Videos on Animal Planet and enjoy watching them on Roku.
As an alternate, you can install and stream Discovery Plus on Roku. Discovery Plus is most similar to Animal Planet.
How to Stream Animal Planet on Roku without Cable TV
If you don’t have a subscription to cable TV, then you can stream Animal Planet with Streaming Platforms. Here are some of the platforms to stream Animal Planet on Roku without a satellite TV subscription.
Hulu on Roku monthly subscription starts at $69.99 per month. It offers 70+live Tv channels that include Animal Planet, Discovery, Comedy Central, and other top channels. In addition, it offers cloud DVR storage, and you can stream in up to 2 devices at the same time.
You can get DIRECTV Stream on Roku with a subscription of $69.99/ month. Users can stream over 65 top channels that include Animal Planet, A&E, Bravo, etc. With on subscription, 20 users can stream at the same time. It also offers unlimited cloud DVR storage.
YouTube TV is the best option to stream Animal Planet with 60+ live TV channels and on-demand videos. It comes with a subscription of $64.99/ month. YouTube TV on Roku offers unlimited cloud DVR storage, 3 streams at a time, and HD streaming.
Other Supported Devices
Animal Planet is also compatible with other devices like
Animal Planet is available for free for those who have a TV subscription. You can watch shows like Lone Star Law, Ghost Adventures, North Wood Law, and Crikey It’s the Irwins.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install and Stream Animal Planet on Roku.
Yes, you can cast Animal Plant from your iPhone using the inbuilt cast feature.
Yes, you can stream Animal Planet for free with a cable TV subscription.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail