Like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, Britbox is one of the best streaming services based in the UK. It was introduced in the year 2019 and is a joint venture of BBC and ITV. You can stream TV shows, movies, series, etc., on BritBox. In addition to that, you can also stream shows broadcasters by BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and many more.
BritBox is only available in English-speaking countries like the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, and South Africa. It has the most extensive British content and produces Original shows from UK-based companies. The category of content includes dramas, comedies, documentaries, lifestyle, and others.
BritBox offers users two plans which are $6.99/ month with a 7-day free trial and $69.99/ year with a 7-day free trial. You can also cancel the subscription at your convenience.
Features of BritBox
- Free to cancel the subscription anyplace and anytime.
- You can watch up to 5 devices simultaneously.
- It streams on-demand content and new releases in high definition quality.
- Thousand Hours of content without interruption from ads.
How to Add BritBox on Roku
One Step Guide: On Roku Home, Select Streaming Channals > Click Search Channels > Enter Britbox > click Add Channel > Click Ok to confirm.
(1) Launch the Roku device and press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Select Streaming Channels and choose Search Channels.
(3) Enter BritBox using the virtual keyboard on the search bar and choose the BritBox app.
(4) Select Add channel to add BritBox on Roku.
(5) Select OK to confirm. You can now watch BritBox on Roku.
How to Install BritBox on Roku Using Roku Website
(1) Open your web browser and search Roku Channel Store.
(2) Select Sign in and enter your Roku account details.
(3) Type BritBox on the Search Channels bar and select the BritBox app from the list of suggestions.
(4) Click on Add channel to add BritBox on Roku.
How to Create BritBox Account
(1) Open the web browser and go to the BritBox Website.
(2) Click on the Free Trial or Start Watching for free button.
(3) Fill in the details like Name, Password, and others.
(4) Select the Create Your Account button.
(5) Select your subscription plan.
(6) Now, choose the payment option and enter your payment credentials.
(7) Click Submit. Once verified start streaming BritBox.
Alternate Method to Stream BritBox
By using the Screen mirroring option available on Roku, you can watch BritBox on Roku.
(1) Make sure your Roku device and Smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Press Home on your Roku device and select Settings.
(3) Choose System and select Screen mirroring.
(4) Select Screen mirroring mode under Screen mirroring.
(5) Select either Prompt or Always allow to allow Smartphone mirroring.
(6) Launch your Smartphone and go to the Notification panel.
(7) Select the Cast icon and choose your Roku device.
(8) Your Smartphone screen will mirror your Roku device.
(9) Download the BritBox from Play Store. Go to the BritBox app.
(10) Sign in with your account and select shows or movies you want to watch on your Roku device.
Why is Britbox not working on Roku?
Britbox not connecting with your Roku TV is a common issue faced by most customers. However, it can be fixed with simple troubleshooting steps.
- First, ensure to connect your device with a strong internet connection.
- Install the up-to-date version of the BritBox.
- Clear the app cache.
- Turn off your Roku device and restart it after a few seconds.
- Make sure that the BritBox server is working by contacting customer support.
You can also stream BritBox on other streaming devices like
You can watch famous shows like Shetland, THE LONG CALL, and other famous TV shows. It is one of the fastest-growing subscription-based streaming services.
Yes, you can install BritBox on Roku and stream all its contents.
BritBox needs a subscription to stream its content on Roku.
Yes, you can cancel the BritBox subscription from the Roku account.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV