Roku has got its own dedicated store called Roku Channel Store, from where you can add streaming channels to the device. Within the store, you can find all kinds of channels that you want. What to do if you need more channels? Roku has support for that too. There are channels hidden in the Roku Channel Store as private channels, and they can be added to your device by providing a code. The possible ways to add private channels to your Roku are discussed further in this article.
Roku Private Channels – What do They Actually Mean?
There are various channels that aren’t available publically on the Roku Channel Store. Here are some reasons for a channel to be private.
- If a channel is not official or not certified, then it will be called a private channel.
- Those channels that have inappropriate contents or illegal or copyright contents.
- They will not be available publicly for addition but needed to be added manually using the channel code or invitation.
- The channel is not ready to be released and still in its beta version.
How to Add Private Channels to Roku
You can’t add these channels directly on the device. You need to login into your Roku account on the browser to add them.
1. On your computer or smartphone, open a web browser and visit the Roku official site.
2. Sign-in with the account credentials that you used to set up your Roku device.
3. Go to the My Accounts page and then hover to the Manage Account menu option.
4. Then choose Add Channel with a code option. Here code refers to the invitation code or a channel access code.
5. In the provided text field, enter the code of the private channel you would like to add to your Roku.
6. Then, click on the Add Channel.
7. Now, click on Yes, Add Channel to confirm the addition on the confirmation screen.
Now, wait until 24 hours. After that, you can find the channel on your Roku device if the necessary conditions are fulfilled. There is a way to check the progress and add the channel immediately. On your Roku device go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. You have to remember a fact it will also update the Roku firmware if one is available.
Non-Certified Channels and Consequences
Adding private channel to Roku has its own consequences in various terms.
- If the channel is not abiding by Roku’s channel terms and conditions, they might be removed at any time.
- The channel shouldn’t contain any illegal or copyrighted contents.
- Roku will not test or review non-certified channels.
- The non-certified channel will be acknowledged if the channel has any violent or inappropriate channels for a certain audience group.
- If Roku identifies that kind of channel, then it may be removed even without any prior notice.
- Moreover, your account may be blocked from adding any more private or non-certified channels.
Best Private Channels to Add on Roku
Here are the few private channels along with the access or invite code.
- RokuCast – CL9D5D
- The Internet Archives – NMJS5
- TVQues – tvque
- Relax TV – vrqhq
- KOOL_TV – (koolTVmn)
- Creature Cast – nowherebullet
- Dailymotion – Dailymotion
- Weather Radar – radar
- Roku Movies – ZB34AC
- Unofficial Twitch – Twitch TV
- FilmOn – NMEVA
- Picasa 2 – PICASA2
- FreeJack TV – YQJ5B
- VideoPodcast Player – vodcast
- Clikia – clikialive
- Amteurlogic – ALOGIC
- Crackle – CRACKLE
- The Nowhere TV – H9DWC
- Nowhere Tweet -V8MRS
- Ace TV – acetv
- Viki – vikigobaltv
- Fox Business – FOXBIZ
- The Odeo Theater – odeon
- Video Games – T6PH2V
- RokuMovies – zb34ac
- DISHWorld – DISHWorld
- Nowhere Vine – nowherevine
- iTunes Podcast Channel – ITPC
- LodeRunner – LodeRunnerPreview
- EuroRoku – 296XJKP
- PNR Networks – pnrnetworks
- Suntrix – synctrixbeta
- Super Stalker – STBEMU
- Space Time Free – CN6MRTG
- Wilderness Channel – fl821095
- Great Chefs – greatchefs
You can add private channels to Roku in the above-mentioned ways. Make sure that you wouldn’t violate any rules and regulations by the Roku. If you have queries, ask us in the comment section below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Stream Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
- How to Get Paramount Plus on Roku Devices
- How to Turn Off Chromecast [Possible Ways]
- How Has Technology Changed the Gaming Industry?
- How to Install and Watch HBO Max on Google TV
- How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription 
- 5 Apps for Car interacting to enjoy the Driving experience
- How to Log out of Netflix on Roku [All Models]
- Understanding the Benefits of Cutting the Cord
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
Apps1 month ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV4 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android9 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to10 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android9 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to10 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes