- The Apple TV app is officially available on the Roku Channel Store.
- Install the App: Click Streaming Channels → Select Search Channels → Search for Apple TV → Click Add Channel.
- Activate the App: Open Apple TV on Roku → Go to Sign In → Get activation code → Enter the code in the Apple TV activation website (https://activate.apple.com/) → Activate the app.
You can install the Apple TV app on your Roku streaming device or Roku TV directly from the Channel Store. The app is available for Roku devices that were released in April 2016 and later models.
In the Apple TV app, you can watch Apple Originals, Movies, TV shows, and more. If you want, you can also rent or buy individual movies using your Apple ID. In addition to movies and TV shows, Apple TV also offers Major League Soccer as an add-on.
In this guide, you will learn how to install and activate the Apple TV app on your Roku devices.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Apple TV Compatible Roku Devices
Before getting into the guide, make sure that your Roku device is compatible with the Apple TV. Go to Settings → System → About to ge the Roku model number. Compare the model number with the below table to check the compatibility.
|Roku Streaming Stick
|Roku Streaming Stick+
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+
|Roku Express 4K
|Roku Express 4K+
|4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800
|Roku Ultra LT
|Roku Smart Soundbar
|Roku Smart Soundbar
|Roku Streambar Pro
|7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x
How to Watch Apple TV on Roku TV
If your Roku device is compatible with the app, follow the below steps to install the app. If it is not compatible, skip to the mirroring section.
1. Initially, press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Select the Streaming Channels option from the menu.
3. Next, select the Search Channels option.
4. Search for the Apple TV app and pick the app icon from the search results.
5. You can install the Apple TV app by clicking the Add Channel option.
6. Once the app download is complete, you need to press OK.
7. You can open the Apple TV app by clicking on the Go to Channel option.
If you want, you can also add the app to Roku from the Channel Store website. Check our detailed guide on how to add apps to Roku in different methods.
How to Activate Apple TV on Roku
After installing the app, you need to activate the Apple TV app to stream the video content.
1. Open the Apple TV app on your Roku device and select the Settings option.
2. Next, select the Accounts option and select Sign In.
3. You will get two options. Sign In On Mobile Device and Sign In On This TV. Click the Sign In On This TV option and sign in with your Apple ID.
4. Click the Sign In On Mobile Device to get the activation code.
5. Visit the Apple TV activation website (https://activate.apple.com/) and enter the code from your TV to activate the app.
6. Finally, you can start streaming your favorite Apple TV titles.
How to Get Apple TV on Old Roku Devices
If the Apple TV app is not available for your Roku device, you can AirPlay the app using your iPhone.
1. Enable the AirPlay feature on Roku. Go to Settings → Apple AirPlay and HomeKit → Turn ON AirPlay.
2. Then, connect both your Roku device and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Apple TV app on your iPhone or iPad. If you don’t have the app, install it from the App Store.
4. Sign in to the app with the proper credentials.
5. Select any title from the Apple TV app and tap the AirPlay icon.
5. Next, select your Roku device from the list.
6. Finally, you stream the TV shows on your Roku device.
Apple TV Not Working on Roku
If you have any issues with the Apple TV app, follow the below tips to fix the Apple TV not working on Roku.
- Restart the Roku device.
- Sign out of the app and activate it again.
- Ensure that the WiFi connection is stable.
- For AirPlay, ensure that your iPhone is updated.
- Update your Roku device.
- Check whether your Apple TV+ subscription is active.
- Factory Reset your Roku.
Apple TV+ Subscription
Apple TV+ has only one standalone subscription with a 7-day free trial. It costs $6.99 per month. In addition to that, you will get Apple TV+ for free for three months if you buy any Apple device. If you are a new user, use our guide to get an Apple TV free trial.
Also, Apple TV+ is included in the Apple One. It costs $16.95 per month. Get any of the subscriptions from the Apple TV Plus website.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the Apple TV app, it means that your device is not compatible with the app.
No, you need to subscribe to Apple TV Plus to stream the content on the app.
The Apple Music app was added to the Roku Channel Store recently. You can install the Apple Music app on Roku from the Channel Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.