VLC is one of the widely used media players which allows you to play a wide range of multimedia files. Most users find the app beneficiary because users can play content from local storage and online media files. VLC is compatible with various streaming devices, and operating systems include Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Amazon Firestick, etc. The Roku Channel Store store does not contain VLC in it, so there is no way to install it directly. You can’t sideload the app either. You can get VLC on Roku by mirroring the VLC player from an android phone or windows computer.
Before that, you need to set Screen mirroring mode on Roku to either Prompt or Always allow.
Get VLC on Roku by Mirroring Android Device
1. Install VLC media player from the play store on your Android device. The name of the screen-mirroring feature option varies from one device to another, but the steps involved remain the same.
2. Open Settings > Connection and sharing and tap the Cast option. It may be labeled as a screencast, smart view, quick connect, HTC Connect, and smart share on some Android devices. Find the casting feature on your android device and select it.
3. Once you enable, your device will search for Roku. Tap it when you see your Roku. Both the devices must be on same WiFi connection for this process.
4. Meanwhile, use your Roku remote and select allow to cast the video.
Your Android device screen will mirror on the TV. Now, open the VLC media player and play the content that you want.
Get VLC on Roku by Mirroring Windows 10
1. Install the VLC app on Windows and launch it.
2. At the bottom right of the notification icon, click the Notification icon.
3. Click the Connect option.
4. On the right side of the screen, a pane pops up, where you can find your Roku device. Select it to mirror your PC screen.
5. Use your Roku remote to allow casting and then mirror the VLC contents.
Apart from Windows 10 and Android, you can also use iPhone and Mac to screen mirror VLC media player on Roku. But both the device requires an third-party software for that process. At the same time, the process also involves lot of steps which will take some time to complete.
Thank you for visiting techfollows.com. Use the below comments section to share your queries.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- What are the Trends of Forex Trading in 2021?
- How to Find IP Address on iPhone [All Models]
- How to Change Passcode on iPhone [All Models]
- Financial Tips Every Business Owner Should Hear
- How to Archive Instagram Posts, Videos, Chats & Reels
- Top Ranking Casino Slots Software Providers
- How to Connect Roku to New WiFi Without Remote
- How to Watch MLB [Major League Baseball] on Roku
- Most Popular Game Categories In iTunes
- Tips for Fixing Common Roku Problems