Spotify is a music streaming application that can be easily installed on Roku from the Roku Channel Store. In addition, you can use the screen mirroring method to stream Spotify on Roku. With Spotify, you can listen to more than 80 million songs and 4 million podcasts in high quality. Spotify is free to stream on Roku with ads. To stream ad-free, you need to get a Spotify Premium. If you are looking for a music app with an extensive audio library, then Spotify is the best app to install on Roku.
How to Install Spotify on Roku
1. Navigate to the Roku home screen and tap on the Streaming Channels option.
2. Hit the Search Channels option and search for the Spotify app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Select the Spotify app and click on +Add Channel.
4. Open Spotify after installation and log in with the required details.
5. Now, you can listen to your favorite Spotify songs on Roku.
How to Add Spotify on Roku from Roku Website
1. Visit the official Roku website (https://www.roku.com/) from a browser on your PC.
2. Sign In to your Roku account and tap What to Watch at the top of the page.
3. Click on the Channel Store option and search for the Spotify app.
4. Tap the Spotify app and select +Add Channel.
5. Spotify app will be added to your Roku device within a day. To add it immediately, update your Roku device.
6. Once added, launch the Spotify app on Roku TV or Roku-connected TV and stream your favorite songs.
How to Screen Mirror Spotify on Roku from Android Phone
First, connect Roku to WiFi and ensure that the Android device is also connected to the same WiFi.
1. Navigate to the Roku home screen.
2. Click Settings and hit the System option.
3. Tap the Screen Mirroring option and click on Screen Mirroring mode.
4. Tap on the Prompt or Always Allow option to turn On Screen Mirroring on Roku.
5. Install the Spotify app on your Android Phone from the Google Play Store.
6. Tap the Cast icon on the Notification Panel.
7. Choose your Roku device from the list.
8. Once the Android screen is cast to the TV screen, you can listen to your favorite Spotify podcasts on Roku.
How to AirPlay Spotify on Roku from iPhone / iPad
Make sure that the iOS device and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network. Then, navigate to Roku Settings and enable the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Download the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store and log in to your account.
2. Click the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center of your iOS device.
3. Choose the Roku device from the list.
4. Once the iOS screen is mirrored, play any music on the Spotify mobile app and listen to it on your TV.
Features of Spotify
- If you have Spotify Premium, you can listen to the songs ad-free.
- You can filter the content and can easily search for your favorite songs, and playlists
- Collaborate your playlist with others and enjoy listening to various genres of songs.
- Download your favorite music with Spotify’s premium subscription.
- Create your own playlist of your most liked songs to access them easily.
- Spotify Connect allows you to connect Spotify to various devices.
- With the Daily Mixes of Spotify, you will not miss listening to the trending songs.
Subscription Plans of Spotify
|No of Devices
How to Fix Spotify Not Working on Roku
The reasons and the working solutions to fix the Spotify app not working on Roku are discussed in the table below.
|Poor Network Connection
|Connect with a stable network connection
|Update your Spotify app to the latest version
|Incorrect login details
|Enter the correct login details
|Outdated Roku device
|Update Roku to the latest version
|Excessive app cache and data
|Clear cache data of the app
|Issues with the Roku device
|Restart your Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can get Spotify directly from the Roku Channel Store.
Yes. You can access only limited features in the free version. Upgrade to the premium plan to enjoy extra features
Amazon Music is the best alternative to Spotify. You can also download Amazon Music on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.