Roku is an online media streaming device which has a large collection of movies and TV shows. It also provides you with TV channels on both free and paid versions. Roku has an easy user interface and a simple remote which comes with the search option to find and watch your favorite contents. Prime video by Amazon is a streaming service with the worldwide collection of premium movies, TV shows, and Amazon Originals. Get into the article to know about streaming Amazon Prime Video on Roku in detail.
Related: How to Watch Netflix on Roku?
Set up Roku
- First Plugin the Roku device on your TV and connect to the internet connection.
- Now Sign in or create a new account to activate your Roku device.
Note: Activation is free of cost and doesn’t require any monthly rental fee. You can buy or rent movies and even subscribe to streaming services like HBO GO, Hulu, Netflix, etc.
Steps to Add Amazon Prime on Roku
Follow the steps given below to watch Amazon Prime video on Roku by adding Amazon Prime channel.
#1: First, connect Roku to your smart TV and open the Home Screen by pressing Home button from the Roku remote.
#2: Now open the Streaming Channels option from the left menu and click on Channel Store.
#3: After the Channel Store gets opened, search for Amazon Prime Video.
#4: From the search result, select Amazon Prime Video and click on Add Channel button.
Now, the Prime video channel will be added to your Roku Home screen and you can enjoy watching it.
You may like How to watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV?
Set up Amazon Prime Video
After adding Amazon Prime Video on your Roku, you have to set up Prime Video to start watching on it.
- First, select the Amazon Prime app from the Roku Home Screen.
- Sign in with your account if already you are a paid Prime member.
- Sign Up with your account details and join the Prime membership.
- Now, you can start watching your favourite TV shows and movies.
Note: If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, you cannot enjoy any latest movies, videos or TV shows.
Why you need VPN?
A VPN helps you to access the geo-restricted contents from your device without disclosing the identity. Some Amazon Prime videos are not accessible from outside the United States. So only by using the VPN, the outside users can access the U.S. media contents of Amazon Prime.
Follow the steps below to install VPN on Roku.
- Install a trusted VPN on your Roku device.
Click here to know How to install VPN on Roku?
- Now, connect your VPN to the U.S. server and start streaming your favorite content from Amazon Prime video including U.S. media contents.
Choosing the best VPN may be a hard task for you, so we recommend to use NordVPN which is one of the high
Related: How to watch BBC iPlayer on Roku?
By Streaming Amazon Prime Video on Roku, you can watch the latest movies and TV shows. Both Roku and Amazon Prime are easy to setup and use. Roku Player price starts at $29.99 and Amazon Prime costs $119/year or $12.99 per month.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For queries and feedback, please comment us below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV 
- How to Install and Setup Live NetTV for PC 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
- How to Find Your Apple Watch using iPhone 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV on Apple TV? 
- How to Install UnlockMyTTV APK on Firestick / Fire TV 
- How to Chromecast YouTube Music 
- How to Install CuriosityStream on Firestick/Fire TV 
- How to Install Xumo on Firestick/Fire TV 
- How to Chromecast Safari Browser 
Apps2 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [February 2020]
FireStick1 month ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
How to11 months ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV? [Updated 2019]
Android3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [February 2020]
How to1 day ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
How to11 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV on Samsung Smart TV?
Chromecast3 weeks ago
How to Cast IPTV on Chromecast Connected TV