- The Amazon Prime Video app is officially available for Roku streaming devices in the Roku Channel Store.
- After installing the app, go to the Amazon Prime Video activation site to activate the app on your streaming device.
- Alternatively, install the Prime Video app on your iPhone from the App Store and AirPlay its content to your Roku device.
Amazon Prime Video is a one-stop destination for blockbuster movies, top-hit TV series, anime, and more. You can install Prime Video from the Roku Channel Store on your Roku streaming device. There are over 26,000 movies and 2,700 TV shows of different genres and languages worldwide. You can sign up for Prime Video membership on Amazon’s official website to stream the content available on the service. The base subscription plan costs $8.99/month, and all first-time subscribers will get a 30-day free trial.
How to Install Amazon Prime Video on Roku
1. Navigate to the Roku TV home screen and tap Streaming Channels.
2. Scroll down and hit Search Channels.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to type Amazon Prime Video in the search bar.
4. Pick the Prime Video app from the search results.
5. Hit the Add Channel button to download the Prime Video app on your Roku or Roku TV.
6. After installing the app, you must activate the Prime Video app.
How to Activate & Watch Amazon Prime Video on Roku
1. Launch Amazon Prime Video on Roku and hit Sign In.
2. Note down the Prime Video activation code displayed on the TV screen.
3. From a PC/Smartphone browser, go to the Amazon Prime activation website (https://primevideo.com/ontv/devices).
4. Log In to your Prime account using the required login credentials.
5. Type the code in the box and select Register Device to activate the app.
6. Now, relaunch the Amazon Prime Video app on your Roku TV and stream your favorite movies on a big screen.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video on Roku
You can AirPlay Prime Video content from your iPhone to your Roku streaming device without installing the app. To AirPlay content from your iPhone, you must first connect your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi that your Roku device is connected to. Once you do that, follow the steps below.
1. Enable the AirPlay feature on the Roku streaming device from Settings.
2. Install the Amazon Prime Video app from the App Store.
3. Launch the Prime Video app and sign in to your account.
4. Now, play any movie or TV series on Prime Video and click on the AirPlay icon.
5. Click on your Roku streaming device from the list of available devices.
Now, the movie or TV series will AirPlay on your Roku streaming device.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Roku
Sometimes, the Amazon Prime Video app doesn’t work properly and displays a black screen or loading screen while streaming high-quality videos. These issues are common and can be easily fixed by the troubleshooting methods listed below.
- Check whether the Roku is connected to the Internet with higher bandwidth.
- Close and relaunch the app on Roku.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Check for app updates and update the Prime Video app on Roku.
- Update the Roku OS to the latest version.
- Check whether the Prime Video subscription is expired or not.
- Finally, delete the app on Roku and reinstall it again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can download the Prime Video app from the Roku Channel Store. However, Amazon has stopped supporting the Prime Video app on Roku devices with model numbers 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X.
By subscribing to the 30-day free trial on Prime Video, you can access all the Prime Video content for free on Roku.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.