Like anyone, I used to stream my favorite movies and TV shows by installing the app on Philips Smart TV. Once, I found my favorite live TV app missing due to geo-restriction, and it was not until then I thought of using AirPlay. When I tried out different models, I found that the AirPlay support is only available on Philips Roku TV.
Those using other Philips TV models can opt for alternative ways to screen mirror the content from iPhone, iPad, or Mac. i.e., Using the Third-Party Screen Mirroring App or Lightning Digital AV Adapter, you can mirror to Philips TV without WIFI.
Whether you choose AirPlay or Screen Mirror, you can watch the desired content on your Philips TV in no time. And if you want guidelines for AirPlay or Screen Mirroring on your Philips Smart TVs, read my easy guide.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to AirPlay on Philips Roku TV
Since the Philips Roku TV is the only tvOS that supports AirPlay, you can stream any content from your iPhone or Mac device to your TV device. However, you must enable the AirPlay function on your Roku TV. In the following segment, I have explained how to enable and perform AirPlay on Philips Roku TV in detailed steps.
Enable AirPlay on Philips Roku TV
1. Turn on your Philips Roku TV and go to the home screen.
2. Choose the Settings option on the screen.
3. Under settings, scroll down to Apple AirPlay and Homekit options.
4. Next, click on the Apple AirPlay and Homekit Settings option.
5. Now, select the AirPlay option and turn it On. Now, your Philips Roku TV is ready for AirPlay.
How to AirPlay iPhone/iPad to Philips Roku TV
Once you have enabled the AirPlay feature on your TV, you can start streaming your media content from your iPhone. To do this, connect Philips Roku TV to a WIFI. Then, connect your iOS device to the same WIFI as your TV.
1. Install the AirPlay-supported app on your iPhone/iPad and finish the setup process on the app.
2. Next, play any media file on the app and click on the AirPlay icon on the playback display.
3. From the list of devices, choose your Philips Roku TV.
4. Now, with AirPlay, you can view the smartphone media on your Philips Roku TV easily.
How to AirPlay Mac to Philips Roku TV
Like iOS, you can AirPlay any media file to your Roku TV using your Mac device. To do this,
1. Connect your Mac and Philips Roku TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Now, open your Safari browser and visit a streaming service of your choice.
3. Choose any content and play it on your Mac.
4. From the playback screen, tap on the AirPlay icon.
5. Choose your Philips Roku TV from the available devices.
6. Now, your selected media content will stream on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror to Philips Roku TV
If no AirPlay support is available for your streaming app, then you can Screen Mirror any content from your iOS device to your TV. However, to carry out this step, you must enable the AirPlay feature beforehand. In the upcoming segment, we have discussed how to Screen Mirror from iPhone/iPad and Mac to your Philips Smart TV in detail.
Screen Mirror iPhone/iPad
1. Connect your Roku TV and iOS device to the same WIFI network.
2. Play any content on your smartphone.
3. Now, open the Control Center on your iPhone and select the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose your Philips Roku TV from the available devices.
5. Now, your entire screen, including the media content, will display on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Mac
1. Sync your Roku TV and Mac to the same WIFI network.
2. Now, play any media content on your Mac.
3. Go to the Menu bar of your Mac, click on Control Center, and select Screen Mirroring.
4. When the active devices list is shown, choose your Roku TV.
5. Now, you can watch your favorite content on your Roku TV via Screen Mirroring.
Note: If you have another Philips TV model, you can install a third-party app to follow the Screen Mirroring process.
How to Screen Mirror To AirPlay Incompatible Philips Smart TV
Aside from the Roku TV, no other Philips TV model supports the AirPlay feature. However, you can use a third-party app on your iPhone to screen mirror its content to your TV. I have discussed free third-party apps to screen mirror media files from iPhone to Philips TV.
1. Connect your Philips TV and your iPhone to a single WIFI network.
2. Open the App Store on your iPhone and install the Screen Mirroring app.
3. Now, open the browser on your TV and visit the Screen Mirroring website.
4. Open the Screen Mirroring app on your iPhone and click the Scan button.
5. Now, scan the QR Code displayed on the TV browser using your iPhone.
6. Tap the Screen Mirror option and select the Start Broadcast option to start mirroring your iPhone to your Philips TV.
Note: If your Philips TV doesn’t come with a pre-installed browser, visit the app store and download one.
How to Mirror Apple Devices on Philips TV Without WiFi
You can use wired devices if you want to screen share your iOS media files to your Philips Smart TV without WIFI. I purchased a Lightning to HDMI adapter from Amazon to make this work.
Then, I connected the adapter to my iPhone. Next, get a HDMI cable and connect one end to the adapter and the other to your Philips Smart TV. After this, turn on your Philips Smart TV and change the input to this HDMI. Now, your iPhone gets mirrored to your TV screen.
Philips TV AirPlay Not Working – Possible Fixes
I encountered AirPlay issues such as content video not loading, opening, and showing black screen issues. It is when I did a series of fixes to resolve it before contacting customer support. I have shared them in the list below, which will help you.
- Ensure the Philips TV has a stable internet connection. Try connecting to a different WIFI.
- Turn off AirPlay settings on TV once and turn it on to mirror content from your phone or PC.
- Keep your app and Philips TV up-to-date with the latest version.
- Try restarting the Philips TV and your phone or PC, which will fix the bugs.
- Check if the TV is not AirPlay compatible. When it is incompatible, you cannot AirPlay directly.
- Reset your Philips Smart TV to the factory settings to resolve the issue.
If this fails to resolve the issue, you shall contact the respective streaming service support or your ISP for technical assistance.
Yes. The AirPlay 2 support is only available on Philips Roku TV models.
It means the device from which you are mirroring isn’t connected to the same WIFI as your TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.